• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liquid Betaine Hydrochloride

I'd done a search for betaine HCI and it led me to this site - I found very little relating to customer reviews to see how they found it but there was some good info on here plus there was info on IBS and candida - I suffer from constipation which has been a huge problem for me but I'm getting there

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I'm glad that you have found useful information on here.
Best wishes, Justy.

There is a lot of good information and what I liked was information that I'd not found on other sites especially with regards to the section on IBS, candida etc. and I like to hear reviews comments from real people - sometimes I'm sure some of the testimonials for products are made up. Trouble is with this site so much information and not enough time to get through it all - your day could just go - I know I've lost a couple of evenings of late! Good though!

Valentijn

I used to be able to handle a bit of gluten, but I can't anymore. Every a very very small amount will cause stomach itching and some swelling all over my body (not just stomach bloating). If you're having an immune reaction to gluten or anything else, I think it's very important to avoid it completely.

I know if I eat nuts, seeds, yoghurts - to name but a few things, I can have a tiny amount before I get face bloating and puffiness yet tests showed I was neither allergic or sensitive to all of the above and was just told to not eat them every day - sort of a build up in my system. I've been told so much different and conflicting information throughout the years I just listen to my own body because I know it so well. But I would like to get to the bottom of why I get this bloating, why I get the face bloating eating certain foods - OK I know certain foods I can't have because I do react i.e. tight chest, spaced out feeling, chills, joint pains which can come on pretty quick so I avoid and any new food I've not had for a while or before is introduced in the tiniest amount.
What I don't understand is there is not a common denominator in any of the foods that is a link well I can't see one i.e. what is the link between nuts and yoghurt. I eat so simple and so plain it gets quite boring so good job I'm not a foodie and I eat to live not the other way round.