• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Liposomal Glutathione

Zensational

I haven't tried any of the oral Glutathione products. I have read that the stomach acid destroys most of the nutrients before it can be absorbed. That is why I am doing the Liposomal Glutathione and Vitamin C that I make myself.
Here is an interesting article by Dr. Mark Hyman on Glutathione.
http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/12/what-is-glutathione-and-how-do-i-get-more-of-it/#close
I am also taking MSM which is sulphur and according to the doctor that will produce glutathione.

PeterPositive

I haven't tried any of the oral Glutathione products. I have read that the stomach acid destroys most of the nutrients before it can be absorbed. That is why I am doing the Liposomal Glutathione and Vitamin C that I make myself.
I am a little confused, you say that the stomach acid destroys the nutrient before it's absorbed and that's why you make your own? Wouldn't your own also be subject to the same problem?

I have to say, maybe the stomach acid thing is true, but I can tell you that oral glutathione really works for me. Even the theoretically less absorbable form which is plain oral caps, they do work. If it's just placebo then there must be something magical about the word "glutathione" because all the other supplements I've taken for my inflamed gut have done nothing.

Zensational

The liposomal means that it is encapsulated with organic sunflower lecithin which acts as a protective coating against acid, therefore it is much more bioavailable.
I am glad the glutathione you are taking is working for you. I'd stick with that.

Zensational

I couldn't really tell a difference but I didn't really do it that long. The biggest benefit I noticed was that it really cleaned out my bowels, sorry to be graphic. It might have been the Acerola Cherry Vitamin C that was part of the mixture.
Are you doing the one from Living Herbal Pharmacy? Please post your results. I'd love to know how you are doing.

Lynn_M

Zensational,

I learned about Living Soil Herbal Farmacy recently from the three interviews Troy Hyyppa has done at oneradionetwork.com. He's now live there the third Monday of every month. I bought Troy's acerola cherry extract and sunflower lecithin and also Troy's recommended Kendal ultrasonic cleaner from Amazon. I made liposomal Vitamin C one time, and the next time I tried the Kendal wouldn't work. Fortunately it failed early enough in the game that I was able to return it to Amazon for full refund and no return shipping charge.

Do you have a recommendation for an ultrasonic cleaner to making liposomal products? The reviews on the Kendal and other ultrasonics make it sound like they have a high failure rate.

I'm firmly convinced liposomal Vitamin C is the way to go. I also want to try making Troy's liposomal glutathione. Troy says you're not making actual glutathione with his protocol, but instead are making a product that supports the body making its own glutathione.

Lynn_M

That's the same one that failed on me the second time I used it. Kendal is the correct spelling. I'm leery of buying that same unit again. Some of the Amazon reviewers thought the reason for the high failure rate was that vapor was getting into the electronics via the junction point where the stainless steel tank joined the white plastic perimeter. They sealed that area and had better success keeping the unit running. They also suggested not pouring liquid out of the tank, but scooping it out instead. I hope you have good luck with your unit.

Lynn_M

Zensational,
I finally bit the bullet and after doing a lot more research ordered a 2.5 L ultrasonic cleaner from Harbor Freight. Their unit has the nameplate of Ship to Shore on it, but the commenters at Harbor Freight and Amazon say it's the exact same unit, but for a lot less money, as the Lyman 2500 and iSonic 4820 ultrasonic units, all made by the same manufacturer in China. With Harbor Freight's usually available 20% off coupon, I paid $79.10. The reviews seemed to be better than what I read for the Kendal unit. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I don't think the precautions I wrote about yesterday would have made any difference with my Kendal unit going kaput so quickly. But I will be applying a silicone or marine sealant around the rim of my new unit. And I already have on hand a cheap hand siphon pump I bought at Auto Zone, so I'll be using that to empty the water out of the stainless steel tank, rather than pouring the water out. A reviewer also suggested keeping the lid off the unit when operating it, to prevent seepage of the condensate getting into the electronics. That wouldn't work for applications using heat, but not an issue for making lipo Vit C. It's also important to keep the water level between the min and max marks. Otherwise the transducer life is shortened.

I think if you follow these precautions, the Kendal or any unit will have a longer life.