• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lipkin bad news folks

alex3619

Yes pollycbr125, that is where I was looking earlier and why I concluded the media releases were not from the SMC. Bye, Alex

PS unless of course they sent a release privately without posting it on their site.

ixchelkali

So I'm guessing the reason for the press conference was to make sure the message to the press was clear and accurate. And the UK press balled it up by jumping the embargo with their misinformation. If I were Lipkin, et al, I'd be really pissed off.

I'd say that pretty much sums it up. My guess is that the SMC is the source and that it's not accidental. My personal, humble opinion is that they have no shame and no integrity.

pollycbr125

Yes pollycbr125, that is where I was looking earlier and why I concluded the media releases were not from the SMC. Bye, Alex

PS unless of course they sent a release privately without posting it on their site.
I think they will have sent a release out but not posted on SMC website yet they are too clever to look bad breaking an embargo . will be interesting to see if the wording of such reports changes somewhat over the coming hours

ixchelkali

The only reason to pay attention to the spin is because of the politics. It needs to be countered. Twenty odd years of spin has led to almost no research funding - we get scraps. It has also led to systematic abuse of many thousands of patients by the medical system. So its important, but it has nothing to do with finding treatments or a cure directly.

I agree, but I also understand Kina. Sometimes we have to protect ourselves from all the negative emotional energy that reading crap news stories engenders. At least, I do. Sometimes I can't afford the energy that anger uses, and it can be hard not to get angry at the lies and misrepresentation. I jump in when I have the energy and pull out when I don't.

alex3619

Hi ixchelkali, it all depends on the person. Not everyone is up to dealing with bad spin all the time, but some of us try from time to time. I understand when people can't or think its a bad idea for them, I have had years where I could not have handled it at all. Bye, Alex