• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lipid Replacement Therapy: Experiences& supplement alternatives

Hi everybody!
In the past days I worked through RichvK´s Simlified Methylation Protocol and saw that he is recommending to take Lecithin or even better glycophospholipids.
On the internet I just found statements on glycophospholipids published by companies selling the products - they´re saying that the intake of such substances could reduce fatigue up to 30-40%. Has anybody of you guys made any positive (or negative) experiences taking that stuff?

I´m not sure whether I should try taking the glycophospholipids since they are so expensive.
I am from Germany and just found a Lecithin granulate which is like 5 Euros and is consisting of phospholipids (23% phosphatidylcholin). Does Lecithin do the same for cell membranes as glycophospholipids? And would it be okay to take a granulate? (since RichvK was talking about taking softgel capsules)

I am also eating of a lot of good fats, but I am not sure if they´re digested that well since I am having some gut issues...

I´d be really happy about some tips or experiences :)

Yours

Nana

shah78

On the advise of Radio, I started Nutricology's nt factor on Wed afternoon. Within 24 hours (four scoops) I felt a HUGE surge. Wow! I can't take the so called loading dose. It affects my sleep. I'm down to just 1and a half scoops a day. (3/4 dose). This is money well spent. To use a Freddd rating system: I give it four stars (I'm a hard marker) along with Paleo diet,Cold thermogenesis, mercury removal/chlelation. I'm putting resistant starch at three stars and Fredd's methylation at five stars. Of course this is the only Magic Pill of the of bunch , other than the potato starch. Four stars for a Magic Pill . Well worth it.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
My M.D. recommended NT Factor, but I have not been able to find not mixed with anything else.

shah78, that sounds pretty good :) I´d also like to try that glycophospholipids, but what keeps me off trying that producut is, like Little Bluestem said, that it is mixed with other elements. I´m already taking most of them and I don´t want to get too much... do you know if there´s a product just containing that lipids?

@all, will it be the same if I took lecithin granulate? Or are there any major differences between the two?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
http://www.nutricology.net/NT-Factor-EnergyLipids-Powder-150-grams-p-16730.html

NT Factor Proprietary Lipid Blend (soy lecithin extract) 1087 mg
Phosphatidic acid (PA)
Phosphatidyl-choline (PC)
Phosphatidyl-ethanolamine (PE)
Phosphatidyl-glycerol(PG)
Phosphatidyl-inositol (PI)
Phosphatidyl-serine (PS)
Digalactosyldiacylglyceride (DGDG)
Monoglactosyldiacylglyceride (MGDG)

Other ingredients: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), pantethine, sodium borate, rosemary extract.

Last edited:
@shah78 , Me Sci, thanks for your posts! I googled NT factor before but found something totally different...I think I´ll order that product :)

@Radio, I just read your thread and it seems really worth trying it :) But I am wondering if I can get the same results from taking lecithin granulate (it´s mainly consisting of phosphatidycholine)?!

I just did some research again and lecithin doesn´t really seem to be an alternative...I´ve also looked up th NT factor product above and it has also Xylitol and maltodextrin in it which I´m unfortunately very sensitive to :( Is there any other product like this?
Thanks a lot everybody for your help!

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I just did some research again and lecithin doesn´t really seem to be an alternative...I´ve also looked up th NT factor product above and it has also Xylitol and maltodextrin in it which I´m unfortunately very sensitive to :( Is there any other product like this?

Those other ingredients are in the chewable tablets but not the powder. Somehow I had managed to post the wrong link in a way that made it look like the right one! :confused:

I have corrected it now, hopefully...

Radio

Other ingredients: Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), pantethine, sodium borate, rosemary extract.

Pureformulas.com

http://www.pureformulas.com/nt-fact...rams-by-nutricology.html#sthash.tPUwp1Ug.dpbs
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Energylipids-Powder-150-Gram/dp/B00908XN20

tango

NT factor helped me with energy . I still take them - usually the powder but sometimes the pills for convenience.

Critterina

Just a note of caution for peeps with adrenal insufficiency - and I'm guessing that all you people who got good results aren't among them. Phosphatidyl serine (at least in some doses that were available in the Source naturals blend I used) suppresses cortisol. Came pretty close to doing myself in before I could get treated for the AI by using that. Don't wish for any of you to do the same! :heart:

tango

Just a note of caution for peeps with adrenal insufficiency - and I'm guessing that all you people who got good results aren't among them. Phosphatidyl serine (at least in some doses that were available in the Source naturals blend I used) suppresses cortisol. Came pretty close to doing myself in before I could get treated for the AI by using that. Don't wish for any of you to do the same! :heart:

I have low cortisol and adrenals on my test results. My adrenals are tanked. I can not tolerate PS on its own or Siberian ginseng or anything else that reduces cortisol but NT Factor is great.

PS on its own is entirely different to the NT Factor blend. There's something about the process that makes the product work. I use the Nutricology powder.