International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Link to good ME-site

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Tia, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Tia

Tia Senior Member

Hey guys!

Didn't know where to post this so I'll try here. Foud this great site about ME and research/treatents and what have you.

http://esme-eu.com/

There are tips of what we can do to get some of our symptoms better to. :Retro smile:

2. paddygirl

paddygirl Senior Member

While we are on the subject have a look at meao-cfs.on.ca . It has an excellent rercent lecture by Dr Eleanor (Ellie) Stein. She is a psychologist who is really one of the good ones. I think she has ME also, and she debunks the psychobabble theory on ME with wit and grace. An excellent listen for new patients or anyone who might be surrounded by negativity in their situation. There were a few other talks that I couldn't access for some reason.

There are also a couple of good media pieces on Dr Besteds site, can't remember the name of the site but it pops up on Google. They serve as an antidote to the news of Wesselly being honoured in England.

Paddy x

See more popular forum discussions.