• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Levison Enquiry: Fiona Fox Science Media Centre gives evidence: Includes MMR and XMRV

alex3619

I am about to post a blog on another take on these issues, maybe tomorrow. I certainly support the call by Uno. Complaining is fine, writing a well articulated written complaint to an oversight organization is better. I do understand the issue with cognitive capacity for most of us. Several such complaints could be signed in the manner of a petition - or we can launch a supporting petition. Not everyone has to write such complaints to be heard. Bye, Alex

Uno

A petition would be a good idea - there is a letter going off to the PCC by another advocate that has co-signaturies (see I can't even spell!) needed - if you want to add your name please PM me. The Leveson letter is a complaint on behalf of Neuroimmune Alliance, my new organisation.

alex3619

Hi Uno, I would consider signing such a letter but in all fairness I cannot sign something I have not seen. If you can't post it on the thread, maybe you could private message it to me and anyone else who would consider signing it? That way it would be off the public threads and yet could still be signed. Alternatively, is there a website or other way this letter can be seen? We need more petitions, more co-signatures on these complaints, more is always better. Bye, Alex

A discussion some interested in this thread might like to watch (but probably not worth starting a new thread for):

Scientists and journalists need different things from science. Discuss.

An Ri event held on 13 March with Alok Jha, Dr Alice Bell, Ed Yong, Dr Chris Chambers, Dr Ananyo Battacharya and Fiona Fox.

http://vimeo.com/39054971

http://vimeo.com/39063256