• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter to the king of Norway from 58 children with ME

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist
That is excellent and they got it in the online and print version of a major newspaper.

"Quotes from the 58 ME children and youth that support the content of the letter to King Harald:"

"Kill me before I lay eggs." (boy, 15 with ME)

Bravo for keeping a sense of humor!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Awful that this (the attempts to remove kids with ME from their parents) is going on in the land of MEandYou - and after an apology from the Norwegian Health Directorate (if that's the institution) about how people with ME have been treated in the past.

We've all got a long way to go.

This is really heart-breaking. Kudos to the advocate.

I don’t really remember what it is like to be healthy any more.
This resonates with me. The only time I am closer to "normal" is when I have a cold or flu. After about 2-3 years, I forgot what it was like to be healthy again. You just adjust and get used to the new baseline.

For a while, I couldn’t get hugs, it hurted too much. Anything that touched me was painful. And light and sound became painful.
Some even say that M.E. is a disease from which you can think yourself better or even healthy.
This course is called . . . the . . . Process. Although I had no particular wish to attend to the course, I felt pushed and participated together with my mom. It was a strange experience to be there and be asked to tell myself over and over again that I was healthy even though I was not . . . I was also told that it was my own fault if I failed to get well . . .

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Many thanks for posting this link Sasha!
I hope these young people get a good response from King Harald.

So do I! Martin Qvist Giercksky is only 17 and has done a brilliant piece of advocacy there. This poor young man has been ill for over half his young life. Fantastically well done of him to write to the king and get all those other signatories together.