• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Letter, Re: ME treatment has indeed improved (Western Gazette, 19 May 2011)

drjohn

PERMISSION TO FORWARD, USE IN NEWSLETTERS AND RE POST ON FACEBOOK PAGES

To read a letter from Dr John Greensmith
click http://mefreeforall.org/wp/re-me-treatment-has-indeed-improved-western-gazette-19-may-2011/

Any letters in response should be sent to e-mail address
mail@westgaz.co.uk

Since this is such a controversial matter for both research purposes and implications for treatment of people with M.E., may I appeal for as many responses, from all over the world, as there are people affected by it. I hope it will be not such a black-or-white debate (but have as many shade of grey as there are people who contribute opinions about it) but if you broadly agree with what I write here, please do not say so only on M.E. groups and forums but do so to increase awareness amongst a wider general public. It really does make a difference if the letters editor and/or comments section below the original receive 100 contributions all saying much the same thing than only two or three. If, however, you broadly agree with Karen's view, I hope that - to make a good quality debate of it - you will support her argument with logic and statistics. Doing nothing - especially if you complain about the way things are afterwards - is not an option I recommend.

Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/MeFreeForAllOrg

Join us for a mix of serious and fun stuff on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000948699086#!/profile.php?id=100000948699086

Cheers
John
drjohngreensmith@mefreeforall.org
Dr John H Greensmith
ME Free For All. org

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
please note, you must register with the site before you comment. If you comment first, your comment will be lost; it will not be there after registration is complete.

drjohn

And very good it is too, thank you very much for doing this ggingues. I like that we are, increasingly, getting very intelligent comments from all over the world - and very few stupid or abusive ones. Have also done as you request and promoted elsewhere voting in Chase. Best wishes John

drjohn

Thank you for making that point WillowJ. I bet many people have been caught out that way and then, if/when they discover that they didn't make their mark, have no energy to do it again and, therefore, it is lost. Good, very simple, tip for anyone who hasn't thought of it already - prepare your comment beforehand - Notepad is my favourite for no formatting issues - and then if it doesn't work, you haven't lost it. Pass it on. Cheers John