• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's look at the facts in light of actions by the cdc / uk shrinks re: Cfids/me

V99

A positive XMRV study from the NIH/FDA. It is now meant to be back with the publishers again, PNAS, and will be out very soon. Hopefully Tuesday.

what can we do about it?

I have one very simple answer to this: join a political party! 1000 CFS patients organized in a self support group are one thing, 1000 party members are a completely different matter. Party representatives need support from plain members, and oftenly every single vote counts. So you sell your support and the representative sells agendas. Labour for instance has 200.000 members. Relate that to the number of CFS sufferers in the UK and it is easy to see how you could become a reasonable political power.