• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Leaflet for general public - UK-focused

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
This updated leaflet is the only one I have found that is suitable to give to friends, family, colleagues, etc., explaining in brief what ME is and how they can help. Although it is UK-focused, the basic facts are relevant anywhere, and you may be able to create a version from the Open Office version that is more suitable for your own country.

Go to this page and to the section
ME Awareness Leaflets for General Public
and you can download the leaflet as a pdf or the Open Office version which is not a pdf (despite what it says in the section - I will tell them about this) but a standard document that should open in Word, etc.

The 'text' link is to what actually look like scanned sections from the old leaflet before the style and grammar were improved. I will tell them about this too!