• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN - start at 4,5 mg

daniariete2000

Hi all ,

I tried LDN in the past (8 months ago) without results for fibromyalgia but now I have very strong dry eyes and I wanted to try if LDN can reduce inflammation. Since I already started slowly from 1,5 mg to 4,5 mg in the past I now started direcly at 4,5 becouse the administrator of the main forum about LDN suggested me this. I'm now at 2 weeks of treitment but I don't really know if it has been a good idea by starting it at 4,5 mg. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to start LDN at 4,5 mg if in the past you have already tried LDN ?
Otherwiase I'll stopp it

Thanks

Daniele

Marlène

hello Daniele

if you feel ok, you can continue I guess.

I'm in a similar situation at this moment. I took LDN very slowly from 0,25 to 3,25 mg. Then stopped for a year.
Ten days ago I started again round 10pm with 0,25mg, next day 0,50mg, third day 0,75mg, ... Yesterday I was at 3mg and no side effects at all beside the wild dreaming.

All the best

Marlene

penny

I'd say to go by how you feel as well. I'm very sensitive to LDN and seem to get some mild startup symptoms (mainly shallow sleep) with even a small change in dose. For example when my prescription gets a little old, and then I get a refill, I my sleep is a bit disturbed the first night or two (and sometimes I get that slightly euphoric feel the next day) - presumably because it's a bit stronger than the old bottle. So personally I don't feel like my past (or current) use has made my body immune to dose changes, but that could just be me.

But if you don't have side effects at 4.5 (or they are temporary/manageable) then that seems to be the most important thing. Just keep an eye out for any side effects from 'build up' over time.

Good luck!