• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN - Is TEVA/Barr the best brand?

Thinktank

My LLMD gave me the OK to start LDN. The idea is to start low and slow. 0.5mg/day and increase that by 0.5mg weekly until a dose of 4.5mg/day has been reached.

I've read a few good things about TEVA's LDN but it's unavailable in my country. Does anyone know of a compouding pharmacy in the USA that ships TEVA LDN or any other high quality LDN to Europe?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I was getting LDN compounded and they didn't use the powder from Teva. There are companies here that supple powders but neither of the ones I got was Teva (can't remember the names sorry).

Teva is a generic company as far as I know. They may have 50 mg Naltrexone which maybe is why you are confused? Or I could be.

What I had been doing was getting a 50 mgs naltrexone tablet, crushing it, mixing in 50 ML water and then using a 10 ml syringe and drawing off what I needed. I stored it in the fridge no longer than a month.

You can buy Naltrexone in Europe. And FYI, some of Teva's stuff is crap, like their trazodone. They use the PLIVA recipe and its garbage imo.

ahmo

I started with compounded, from my local compounder. Then followed comments from yahoo naltrexone group, switched to 50mg naltrexone tablets from india. Very very happy. Received it within days. Dissolve 50mg in 50ml distilled water, so drops are then 1mg: 1ml. Less bitter than the liquid made from compounded, about 1/4 of the price. There were 2 brands, both get excellent ratings. alldaychemist.com

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I got Mallincrodt locally. I used a pill crusher then put in filtered water and kept in a glass bottle in the fridge. These did have a coating which did not dissolve. I read here to only keep it a month.

Just shake it before you use it. I got a 60 ml syringe from a vet and some 10 ml syringes on ebay to use to draw out the fluid. Cost me $10 for 6 months vs $30+ a month.

Thinktank

I just received my LDN in capsules with dextrose filler, the naltrexone hcl is from mallinckrodt.
The $1 per pill won't kill me but i might try the DIY way next time.