• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDI: A PROMISING TREATMENT FOR LYME AND ME/CFS

frederic83

What is a LDI treatment for CFS? The etiologies for CFS are various pathogens, so one would need an antigen for the specific pathogen that is causing his disease (several, if coinfections). But I don't really understand what kinds of antigens are used. Is it like an oral vaccine but low dose?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
The etiologies for CFS are various pathogens, so one would need an antigen for the specific pathogen that is causing his disease (several, if coinfections). But I don't really understand what kinds of antigens are used. Is it like an oral vaccine but low dose?
The treating physician decides on a combinations of pathogens that might be causing your immune system to respond "unintelligently"--perhaps producing high levels of inflammation. Your history and lab tests are important in the consults with the physician. Some with ME/CFS have responded to antigens for different viruses, some to antigens for bacterial infections. The antigens are dead and given sublingually or intradermally in tiny doses.

barbc56

There's also a thread about LDI here. It was posted a year ago so I don't think the threads need to be merged. Warning it's seven pages long. EDIT That should be fifteen pages!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
@Janet Dafoe (Rose49)

Dear Janet,

First of all apologise for quoting you this way. I don´t know whether it is the right one or not. I am too foggy these days and although i do read PR forum frequently, this is one of my first messages.

I would want to know, if possible, what Ron thinks about LDI therapy and if it would be possible that you pass him that article written by an spanish friend, @serg1942. We are a group of spanish ME mates that are thinking about giving that therapy a try and will be very pleased to know what Ron do thinks about it.

The paper itself is in the first post of this thread:

LOW DOSE IMMUNOTHERAPY (LDI):
A PROMISING TREATMENT FOR CHRONIC LYME DISEASE AND ME/CFS

Download article by clicking here

Thanks in advanced.

Kind Regards,

Last edited: