• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lactic Acidosis from Probiotics

knackers323

yes didn't know they used the LA, just thought they didn't produce it. are there any others? didn't see any benefit from this one

The reason I am asking is because prescript assist changed their formula and I have heard that the new one is bad.

ok. I'm going to get the ball rolling... both e. coli and bacillus strains are said to utilize lactic acid.. e. coli produces serotonin and bacillus produces dopamine.

drob31

ok. I'm going to get the ball rolling... both e. coli and bacillus strains are said to utilize lactic acid.. e. coli produces serotonin and bacillus produces dopamine.

Which bacilius strains? All of them? Bacillus coagulans?

I'm having issues with low dopamine symptoms and I think I'm starting to narrow everything down to the GUT / SIBO / acidosis.

I notice when taking Betaine HCL with food, it seems to help, maybe it's killing some of the SIBO bacteria?

Which bacilius strains? All of them? Bacillus coagulans?

I'm having issues with low dopamine symptoms and I think I'm starting to narrow everything down to the GUT / SIBO / acidosis.

I notice when taking Betaine HCL with food, it seems to help, maybe it's killing some of the SIBO bacteria?

It doesn't say what strain... found it here:

http://www.freefitnessguru.com/blog/bodybuilding-2/probiotics-produce-neurotransmitters/.php

I don't know how accurate that article is though.

Also when someone has low stomach acid a bacterial overgrowth usually follows.
Another theory is that when bacteria converts glucose into lactic acid in the stomach, the stomach becomes more acidic resulting in less hcl. Our stomach only produces acid if the acid is low.

drob31

It doesn't say what strain... found it here:

http://www.freefitnessguru.com/blog/bodybuilding-2/probiotics-produce-neurotransmitters/.php

I don't know how accurate that article is though.

Also when someone has low stomach acid a bacterial overgrowth usually follows.
Another theory is that when bacteria converts glucose into lactic acid in the stomach, the stomach becomes more acidic resulting in less hcl. Our stomach only produces acid if the acid is low.

That's interesting. One thing that doesn't add up is that I feel pretty good eating rice. But other carbs or sugars, not so much.

I was taking b6 at higher doses and I noticed it made me feel better when taking it. I thought it was because of the increased conversion of tyrosine to dopamine. But then I noticed b6 is pyridoxine hydrochloride. So it has HCL in it. So I started taking Betaine HCL, and it seems to help a lot with energy if I take a lot with food.

I seem to still need "good" carbs, however.

drob31

By the way, I do well on rice and I noticed rice is low FODMAP... the only acceptable grain.