• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lactic Acid Pain

Anyway, I´m going to go buy some tomorrow!

like some members already mentioned in the 'copper deficiency thread' cod liver oil makes one really tired because the retinol increases the need for copper and iron. I took first one big spoon because I overdosed with hormone D prior to that and was in great need of retinol, and I immediately fell asleep very deep.
But be careful! a friend of mine experienced an allergic reaction to cod liver oil and was taken to the hospital, maybe because of histamine? But histadelia can be because of copper deficiency, too.

If you are interested look fore Morley Robbins and copper disregulation on youtube.

Last edited:

msf

Hi msf,
You're welcome! To be honest all I know about copper I got from this forum. I'm from germany and I used to do my research in german communities, but they consider copper to be only toxic since it is in amalgam and in the water pipe lines and very rarely to be deficient in. (Sorry if my english is wrong). But I had a RBC-test with minus 22% copper and I had already for years this lactic acid pain in my muscles and I sometimes passed out for no reason and there was a visible aging of my bone marrow during one mri-scan diagnosis and finally I had a neutropenia and anemia and loss of memory. I took half a year copper-citrate with minimal benefits and I tested ceruloplasmin which was at the lower border while I head still minus 11% copper in RBC-testing. So I assume a low ceruloplasmin can still be a severe copper deficiency. O I forgott to mention: I took boron too but it didn't helped with ceruloplasmin. Then after one more year of taking copper and boron my ceruloplasmin was still low and lactic acid in my muscels came back and I looked into this forum and somebody here in the 'copper deficiency' thread wrote about this guy Morley Robbins on youtube who thinks that many people have copper disregulation instead of copper deficiency or toxicity. But I want to make clear this is just one possibility for mitochondrial respiratory blockage. But since Cytochrome-c-oxidase is to important it all made sence to me and i gave up all my supporting B-Vitamins and things like Carnitine and Lipoic Acid which stabilized me in some way, and focused instead to adress my copper + ceruloplasmin + cytochrome-c-oxidase to get my mitochondria working better. as far as I know ceruloplasmin carries about 6 copper atoms/ions(?) which is much and cytochrome-c-ocidase can not funktion without copper. But I don't know what happens to this proteincomplex without copper? If it stays there just disfunctional or gets removed? So somebody here wrote that retinol can increase ceruloplasmin and cardiolipin which holds cytochrome-c-ox. bound to the membrane. I'm not sure about all of this, because I recently read this myself, but it makes pretty much sense to me.
I don't have cfs/me so by getting well I mean i had more energy, less fatigue and less joint pain and other stuff which is copper related. I had some time when i was inable to leave the bed but it was because of my copper deficiensy and very high nitric stess after a destabelized neckbone. So I had no infection and no cfs, just mitochondrial disfunction.
I hope this is understandable since my english is not so advanced.

Thanks for the explanation, and don´t worry, your English is definitely advanced (I can tell, I´m an English teacher).

I will read the thread you mentioned for further clarification on the copper stuff, but I might just go ahead and try the cod liver oil anyway since I don´t have histamine issues and I think I had it when I was young so hopefully I won´t be allergic to it.

msf

I think that some of the lactic acid is being produced because of lack of oxygen in the cell (since I and others have low VEGF and low blood volume has been observed in people with ME), but perhaps a copper deficiency is part of the problem too, and if it is it is probably easier to treat than the oxygen deficiency.

frog_in_the_fog

Test Subject
I asked my doctor about my pain being caused by lactic acid, she didn't think so. Is there a reliable test that can be done to diagnose lactic acid related pain?

PennyIA

I do know that there's another thread looking for people interested in testing lactic acid levels in different peripherals... can't find it at the moment.

I was digging to figure out if I should start a new thread or if there was already one out there about lactic acid when I found this thread.

I am having some kind of symptom flare up and I'm not very sure what's the root cause. I don't feel like I'm struggling with my typical PEM symptoms (though maybe my 'energy envelope' has decreased suddenly and because it's not the typical symptoms I've not figured that out yet).

I'm DF, GF and low fat already. Epsom salt baths every other night for leg cramping already. Taking potassium supplements (but not much else for MTHFR right now, ever time I try to take them I get painful lumps in my muscle tissues... so as much as I miss their energy aid, I'm not up to dealing with the pain right now)

And for the past two weeks my major muscles (larger muscles in arms, legs, back and stomach area) have been on a burn streak. It's not too bad in the morning. I've gotten up, brushed my teeth, let my dog out to pee and gotten a drink and warmed something up for breakfast. By the time I'm sitting at the couch to try to log into work (thank god I can work from home)... they are already burning. Less than 15 minutes from getting out of bed. If I lay on the couch and try to work it doesn't get too bad. But sitting up and being upright seems to make it worse.

But, the OI and the brain fog aren't here... just the muscle pain which is without a doubt a strong burning sensation.

I'm worried that if I don't sort it out that it'll drive me into a true PEM situation... so I've cut clear back on non work activities in the hopes I can keep working before being driven to short term (or long term) disability...

Is there something specific that my doctor can read in under five minutes that could link this to copper deficiency?

Any other things easily testable I could try to run past him?