Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

L-Theanine slows methylation? Reduces muscle pain?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by bpcat, Oct 24, 2018.

1. bpcat

bpcat

So I’ve been steadily improving with methylation treatment for 6 months now but have struggled with anxiety and waking with racing thoughts/anxiety. So after doing more research, I started taking L-Theanine and PharmaGaba. @caledonia and @ahmo and @Mary all had great suggestions about getting better sleep in general (as well as others I’m forgetting I’m sure)!

Now I sleep better than I have in five years!!! I have a Fitbit and apparently am getting at least 1 hr 20 min deep sleep each night which is more than I’ve gotten since I started keeping track, and I actually feel refreshed in the morning.

I notice within minutes of taking L-Theanine that any shoulder tenseness dissipates. However, muscle twitching has started again, which usually means I’m undermethylating and need more B12 (like when I take too much Niacin).

Does L-Theanine slow methylation? Should I back off from it? I just can’t find any correlation online but don’t want to miss something important!

I also take 1,800 potassium gluconate to help with shoulder/neck tightness. But this L-Theanine relaxes my shoulders so much more! Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    TreePerson likes this.
  2. tiredowl

tiredowl

Norway, Scandinavia
    It might be something with GABA receptors or the other neurotransmitters like dopamine/serotonin?
    Also I found some literature that said it did something with the kynurenine pathway, but I'm not sure if that's related to what you are experiencing after taking it.

3. bjl218

bjl218 Brian Levine

Chelmsford, Massachusetts
    Are you supplementing with magnesium. I've find the Mg Glycinate often helps me with muscle twitching.

4. bpcat

bpcat

@tiredowl Thank you! I will look into that pathway. I did genetic testing and I’m curious if I have any SNPs in that pathway.

@bjl218 I do take the magnesium calm powder and magnesium glycinate as well as Epsom salt baths. But I will try upping them. Magnesium could be used for healing more now that I’m sleeping more. Or some other effect. Thank you!

See more popular forum discussions.