• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

L -Carnitine Fumarate dosing.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
My NP has upped my LCF from 250 mgs, which I am currently taking in the morning to 500 mgs, but I forgot to ask her about dosing.

Can I take it all in one shot or should I split it? I found a really good deal on www.drvita.com for #300 capsules for $23.09. That seems to be the best deal and no I'm not going to split them, I don't have the energy.

Thanks

Freddd

My NP has upped my LCF from 250 mgs, which I am currently taking in the morning to 500 mgs, but I forgot to ask her about dosing.

Can I take it all in one shot or should I split it? I found a really good deal on www.drvita.com for #300 capsules for $23.09. That seems to be the best deal and no I'm not going to split them, I don't have the energy.

Thanks

Hi Minkeygirl,

Generally 500mgs is quite enough for 24 hour consistency with a single dose. It appears at the lower doses that there are effects from increasing and decreasing serum level, perhaps with doses below 125mg or so. If you find that the peak effect at 500 is too much then dividing in 2 may help that while you adapt.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Freddd I was taking 250 mgs at one time with no problem. I started several things around the same time, Famvir, Immune Mods and methylation so it's hard to tell which one is making the difference, and there is a difference.

I bought the 500 mg capsules so hopefully I"ll be fine with that. I have empty caps but it's such a pain to split stuff.

whodathunkit

LCF has no taste. If you just want to dump half cap into a spoon and then dump it on your tongue and swallow it, that should be fine. That's what I always did.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@whodathunkit Thanks although it's not about the taste, it's about accurate dosage. I"m OCD about stuff like that. I'm taking "liquid" LDN right now, (crushed a 50 mg tablet, put it in water and am using a syringe to draw off the dose I want) talk about bad taste!

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
@minkeygirl, LDN is a pharmaceutical while LCF is a nutrient. I am less concerned about accurately dividing doses of nutrients, particularly when I am taking multiple doses per day.

It's just a thought. You, of course, are entitled to be a precise as you wish.