• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klonopin/Gaba and POTS/OI

xks201

How many of you find that klonopin helps your orthostatic HYPERTENSION?

taniaaust1

umm that would of been interesting to find out. I didnt know find out I had orthostatic hypertension till after I stopped taking the Klonopin.

xks201

Tania, do you mean that you don't know if you had orthostatic hypertension while you are on Klonopin? So you are not sure if the klonopin helped it or not?

taniaaust1

Tania, do you mean that you don't know if you had orthostatic hypertension while you are on Klonopin? So you are not sure if the klonopin helped it or not?

Klonopin did help but that was for the neurotoxicity issues I had. (aweful constant on edge with like a ADHD kind of feel but one I couldnt physically act on.. it helped with all that neurotoxicity feel, I also had things like RLS and other neuro over stim symptoms I was taking it for)

back when I was taking the Klonopin I thou wasnt aware I had the orthostatic hypertension (I thou may of had it thou but just been undiagnosed). So Im not aware if it helped hypertension too in my case or not

I did know I had POTS back then and hence I do know the Klonopin did not help my POTS at all.