• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kirkman Labs, Methylcobalamin Concentrated Powder

ahmo

Thanks for the link @minkeygirl One of the reviewers says
If you're looking for a good B12 supplement, stay away from this nonsense. It's mostly mannitol and sorbitol (read "sugar.") B12 is the last ingredient on the list, which means it is present in the smallest amount. The rest is all sugar and filler.

Another comments on how fast this dissolves, compared to lozenges. This is the opposite of what we want. Freddd's experiences have shown that the longer it's in contact w/ gums, the better absorption.

whodathunkit

I don't understand why companies think they have to put sugar/sweetener in everything, especially stuff that's supposed to be healthy. Don't they know most health nuts who take supplements are trying to *get away* from sugar?!

At any rate, B12 has no taste at all. Why they would want to put sugar in it particularly is beyond me. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

SOC

Thanks for the link @minkeygirl One of the reviewers says

Another comments on how fast this dissolves, compared to lozenges. This is the opposite of what we want. Freddd's experiences have shown that the longer it's in contact w/ gums, the better absorption.
I thought that between the gums and cheek doesn't give good mucosal contact so most of the B12 (or whatever) goes into the GI tract (not what we want) if you dissolve the lozenge there. I was told that it needs to be sublingual to be absorbed into the bloodstream in significant amounts. I was also told to move the lozenge around sublingually, rather than leave it in the same spot, to get the best absorption. Does anyone have any real facts about this?

I also would like to find a product that was purely methylcobalamin with nothing else added. The Jarrow Formulas mb12 have already caused the enamel to come off my teeth and my gums to recede.

I have read that studies have shown than sublingual is no more effective than swallowing the tablet.