• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM test results

Can anybody tell me why it takes so long for KDM test results to be ready? Im aware it takes up to 3 months and just curious how u guys found getting antibiotic with a belgian prescription? Did u get meds in belgium or your own country? Im heading over to brussels in a month

Daffodil

Can anybody tell me why it takes so long for KDM test results to be ready? Im aware it takes up to 3 months and just curious how u guys found getting antibiotic with a belgian prescription? Did u get meds in belgium or your own country? Im heading over to brussels in a month
hi mimi. its mostly because the fecal analysis takes 6 weeks I think.....and then he has to analyze your results...with hundreds of patients, it takes long. if you want the results sooner, you can ask KDM's office to email them to you or even contact the lab directly, which is faster. but for his report, it will take longer.

the Belgian Rx's are only good in the EU, I think. most of us have a local doctor who will write the Rx's...or you can buy them in Belgium while you are there. some pharmacies that deal with KDM's patients will even mail you the meds but it can get tricky with customs sometimes.
xo

Thank u yes i will email them at what point would be best to do so? Yes i was worried about abx as when i return for follow up i know u dont get the plan straightaway its the week after so u would be home st that stage? Just concerned that if my local pharmacy wouldnt accept foreign prescription would i have to go back over for meds or fax prescrip to phsrmacy to post them?

Daffodil

Thank u yes i will email them at what point would be best to do so? Yes i was worried about abx as when i return for follow up i know u dont get the plan straightaway its the week after so u would be home st that stage? Just concerned that if my local pharmacy wouldnt accept foreign prescription would i have to go back over for meds or fax prescrip to phsrmacy to post them?
I would email or call (better) the office maybe after 2- 3 weeks and they can send the results that are ready to you.

from now on, at the appointments, ask him what you should take while you wait for the results and treatment plan. sometimes, he will tell you to start on some medications / supplements in the meantime.

for the medications, you can try to fill them where you live if you are in EU (or maybe UK too? not sure). if that doesn't work, please message me. there are places that will mail

xo

Great i will do yes im in ireland im not sure how easy it will be to get them my gp said he would rewrite them but i know they can have diff abx in diff countries so its hard to know until i have results. Thank u x

Daffodil

Great i will do yes im in ireland im not sure how easy it will be to get them my gp said he would rewrite them but i know they can have diff abx in diff countries so its hard to know until i have results. Thank u x
hi mimi. if youre in Ireland, I think they will have most of the same medicines as KDM prescribes:)
xo