• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM results are back!

trickthefox

interesting! Well i guess my next question is, for you with lyme what course would you reccomend for someone with a damaged gut? IV ABX?

A.B.

Was your sIga low or high?

Mine was 12 times the maximum normal value. This is supposedly a sign of an ongoing immune response in the gut.

Helen

interesting! Well i guess my next question is, for you with lyme what course would you reccomend for someone with a damaged gut? IV ABX?
IV is usually considered optional when you have neurological symptoms, and IV doesn´t affect the gut in the same way as oral antibiotics. I´m sure, as a patient of KDM, that you will get the best available treatment. I assume you´ll get treatment for your gut too.

trickthefox

Also someone said my results are very high, is that indicative of the body burden of lyme bacteria, or is it more representative of the fact that my immune system is putting up a big fight against it?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

I have read that bicillin has little effect on gut bacteria ? ? Its IM not IV so might be easier to do without having to see a dr regularly for ivs as do IM injections yourself with a little training

nandixon

@trickthefox

I just noticed that you mentioned several months ago here that you had tested negative for Lyme with Western Blot.

What about ELISA, then?

Edited to add: I forgot to ask: Did any bands on the Western Blot come back positive?

Last edited:

trickthefox

an interesting thing happened while i was taking antibiotics last time, i have a constant blocked left ear, while i was taking the ABX a bunch of red gunk came out my ear and it unblocked itself, not sure if this is any kind of indicator of anything?

msf

Normally the NHS wouldn´t bother with the WB if your ELISA was negative - that´s why it´s called the ´two-tier test.´ The Redlabs zoonoses panel is also an ELISA, I believe. Redlabs also has a WB that is supposed to identify more species of Borrelia than other WBs, perhaps KDM will order this test for you later, although in light of your clear positive on the LTT, maybe not.

Richie

Minocycline has some antifungal effect, but dependent on glucose in environment.
It penetrates fat thus neurotissue well and so can be used at a lower dose than doxy.
But there can be side effects incl lpus type developments. On the other hand it has long been used safely for acne.
If you haven't akready it might be worth a try.
Get a good bifidum supplement to prevent anaerobic probs such as clostridium. Imagine KDM willghave strong recommendations of gut flora.
HAve you tried samento etc?

I had even more positive results of borrelia when i did an LTT test a couple of years back. I took antibiotics for 6 months (80 days with intravenous) and felt no difference at all.
When i did another test afterwards my results were normal or borderline. Since that day i have ruled out everything that has to do with infections as a cause to my symptoms.
But i guess its much more common to have positive results with borrelia then positive results without borrelia as in my case.

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I had even more positive results of borrelia when i did an LTT test a couple of years back. I took antibiotics for 6 months (80 days with intravenous) and felt no difference at all.
When i did another test afterwards my results were normal or borderline. Since that day i have ruled out everything that has to do with infections as a cause to my symptoms.
But i guess its much more common to have positive results with borrelia then positive results without borrelia as in my case.

Do you have lyme-symptoms? Not just brain fog, but other neurological ones as well? (although I`m sure one could have lyme anyways..)

trickthefox

With me I certainly DO have a very strong reaction to antibiotics, very negetive at first, then very positive, when i took tinidazole i felt like laughing for aobut a day straight i felt so calm and good, i feel like these are deffinitely strong indicators that my problem is bacterial but that was three years ago now, it was a curve ball cause i took the tinidazole for a parasite, so for the past 3 years thought i was dealing with dysbiosis and the aftermath of a parasite (E hystolitica which i erradicated), i never took an antibiotic again cause of how much of a mess my gut was after treating the E hystolitica, im just hoping i havnt left it too long to get on top of the lyme

Last edited: