• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Karina's independent doctor threatened with suspension of licence

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'd go as far to say that the stupidity of the winners of this award would perhaps only be exceeded by those who've won a Darwin Award.
The Darwin Awards are given out in good fun, while this award is given out in deadly earnest. Pun intended.

07Jul: I realize now that I was thinking of the Ignoble Awards, not the Darwin Awards. :confused:

Last edited:

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
The Darwin Awards are given out in good fun, while this award is given out in deadly earnest. Pun intended.
I don't find the Darwin awards at all funny, as they tend to involve killing at a young age, and often very painfully. Would you, if it were someone you knew, perhaps someone with a mental incapacity?

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I don't find the Darwin awards at all funny, as they tend to involve killing at a young age, and often very painfully. Would you, if it were someone you knew, perhaps someone with a mental incapacity?
I think I must be suffering from brain fog. :ill: The awards I was thinking of don't involve anyone getting killed. Ahha, I just thought of it as I was writing this. I was thinking of the Ignoble Awards. :confused: :redface: I am definitely not amused by people getting killed. :grumpy: