• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Karina's independent doctor threatened with suspension of licence

Countrygirl

P.S. to the above.

Thank goodness there are some (very few) doctors like the one who has attempted to support Karina who are true to their profession. There are so few of them left. We have Jonathon and a mere handful of UK doctors.......most have sold their soul and us down the river.

For example, a couple of consultants at the local county hospital here have quietly said they do recognise ME but say they can't support us or recognise the reality of our disease as they fear their colleagues will treat them with the .......direct quote...............'contempt' as they treat their ME patients. No guts, no integrity.......they stand by in silence as the patients are ridiculed, neglected and dismissed or worse......sectioned. Karina's doctor who has lost his licence has integrity and professionalism.......unlike those who have damaged Karina and removed his licence.

user9876

If I recall correctly Prof Peter White had a hand in condoning the abuse of Karina and her family. He certainly visited her when she was imprisoned. Shame on him and his ilk!

White of course is one of those claiming harassment yet it is a doctor who opposes his views who is the one who gets punished. I wonder if the request to do that came from the doctors who imprisoned Karina.

Countrygirl

https://fredericiaavisen.dk/karina-hansen-livsfare-fik-hoeje-doser-antipsykotisk-medicin/

So it looks like Per Fink, who has been advising the NHS how to treat people labelled with MUS, was overdosing and poisoning Karina with antipsychotics thus placing her in grave danger.

Karina Hansen was poisoned by too much olanzapine, when she lived in Tagdækkervej which doctor Stig Gerdes ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY regulated down a bit.

It was to cost him his medical authorization, by the National Board for Patient believes he should have first conferred with a psychiatrist who, however, was then withdrawn from the case and with Karina Hansens unwanted guardian who has never been there for Karina Hansen but which has always backed psychiatrists decisions up.

Fact number from Karina Hansens blood

Karina Hansens Olanzapinkoncentration in the plasma was 141 3/5 2017, 25-150 therapeutic areas, on the prescription Olanzapine 7.5 mg pm. 15 + 5 mg pm. 21st

When Karna Hansen lived at Tagdækkervej in Hammel, she Olanzapine 10 mg pm. 15 + 10 mg pm. 21, which means that she has exceeded the maximum therapeutic level (150). Extrapolation provides a plasma concentration of approximately 225th

That is, the KH has been 50% higher than the maximum therapeutic level, and this has poisoned her and thereby made rigid her musculature.

Conclusion on blood

When Karina Hansens Olanzapinkoncentration in plasma is 141, it means that Karina Hansens still and AFTER REDUCTION of medicine amount is at the very high end, 141 is close to 150, which is the absolute highest amount, you must have in your blood.

Facts about poisoning with antipsychotics

Quote: "Let poisoning with sedation, orthostatic hypotension (drop in blood pressure that occurs when you change position from lying to standing or from lying to sitting or from sitting to standing) and anticholinergic manifestations (acute drug intoxication).

At moderately poisoning with low-dose anti-psychotics can be seen extrapyramidal neurological symptoms (movement susceptibility from medication intake).

In severe cases of intoxication, coma, convulsions, possibly. respiratory arrest, hypotension, lack of temperature control (hypo- and hyperthermia) or extrapyramidal symptoms (movement susceptibility from medication intake), is the most serious acute dystonia (spasm), ECG QT, if necessary. QRS prolongation, if necessary. arrhythmias, such as torsades des pointes (abnormal heart rhythm, which can lead to sudden cardiac arrest) "

(The undersigned has added explanations in parentheses)

https://pro.medicin.dk/Specielleemner/Emner/315640

Agency for Patient should realize his mistake

Too many psychiatric and medicated patients depart by sudden death in Denmark, and it could be surpassed Karina Hansens also. If medical Stig Gerdes NOT had set Karina Hansens medication dose down, SO could Agency for Patient rightly accusing him of negligent medical profession. But that proper establishment of an overdose would cost Stig Gerdes authorization is totally unacceptable and the only right thing to do for the Agency for Patient would be to apologize for the mistake and give Stig Gerdes authorization back.

Bente Stenfalk
Deputy Chairman of the Civil Rights Movement

Countrygirl

http://fredericia.lokalavisen.dk/st...kale-nyheder/20170523/artikler/705309993/2023

Governing will go to court to withdraw Stig Gerdes' authorization permanent
Stig Gerdes should never be allowed to become a doctor again, says Board. Gerdes defends itself with new information about the controversial patient
BY PETER FRIIS AUTZEN
Stig Gerdes should not be allowed ever to return to medicine. Not even when his temporary authorization withdrawal expires. It believes Agency for Patient Safety.

Agency plans a lawsuit that finally must deprive Stig Gerdes authorization once and for all.

For almost four months ago, Stig Gerdes' license revoked temporarily for two years. It happened because he had stepped a patient down in medication without first inquire with her guardian or the psychiatrists who had previously had her treatment.

Since January, the Agency considered whether it would follow up with a lawsuit to prohibit Stig Gerdes ever to work as a doctor again. The deliberations are over now, and the Board has decided to proceed with the case.

"The thing (...) is sent to the Attorney for the purpose of bringing lawsuit claiming permanent authorization withdrawal," writes the agency in an email to the local newspaper.

IF YOU THINK ABOUT OUR ITEMS, PLEASE CLICK ON THIS LINK AND BECOME A FRIEND LOKALAVISEN FREDERICIA ON FACEBOOK
Gerdes: She was poisoned
Stig Gerdes continues to believe that his treatment of the patient, Karina, was in order. And he did not need to ask her guardian for permission to her staircase into medicine.

He points out that she was over medicated and subjected to a system that unfairly prevented her from even to consider his own treatment. The experience is Karina's parents agree with him.

The assumption Karina of medication has become stronger after a blood test earlier this month.

Also read: DF will see the results - not rules

The blood sample was done by a clinic in Holstebro, where Karina lives with his parents. It was carried out on request of the doctor who currently temporary worker Stig Gerdes' clinic in Fredericia.

"The blood sample was performed 3 May. The Olanzapine shows a concentration so high that by back-casting can be concluded that the level was 50 percent above the level that should have been the maximum under consideration. She was, in other words of medicated. That was why her muscles were stiff: She was poisoned, "says Stig Gerdes.

Local newspaper has asked the National Board For Patient how it relates to the information from the blood sample. But the agency will with regard to its confidentiality of patients' health not comment on the blood sample.

bspg

Plant Queen
This situation and the MUS nonsense is completely infuriating. I don't live in Europe so I'm not familiar with the rights of patients/organizations, but is there anything we can do to help Gerdes and patients being harmed by these practices?

Countrygirl

Now just look at this! Another child abuser receives an award.............nominated, along with others, by Prof Michael Sharpe....................

19601565_10155282824810180_9108009533816081836_n.jpg

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Now just look at this! Another child abuser receives an award.............nominated, along with others, by Prof Michael Sharpe....................

found it online:

http://www.eapm.eu.com/eapm_awards.html

and the first page of a paper relating to it (I expect the rest is available):

http://www.jpsychores.com/article/S0022-3999(17)30445-2/fulltext

or http://www.jpsychores.com/article/S0022-3999(17)30445-2/abstract

here is the reference list:

http://www.jpsychores.com/article/S0022-3999(17)30445-2/references

Art Vandelay

"The Alison Creed Award for outstanding contribution to research in the field of psychosomatic medicine"? Crikey.

It's not as if those participating in this award are the cream of the crop in medicine. Indeed, I'd go as far to say that the stupidity of the winners of this award would perhaps only be exceeded by those who've won a Darwin Award.

Last edited:

Daisymay

Does anyone know the background of this award, who is/was Alison Creed I couldn't find anything on google, except a film with that name.

Molly98

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You know you have made it in your career when you are getting awards for studying entirely fictional and made up nothings.

perhaps he failed in other areas, or no one wanted him in other research areas so he decided to invent his own.

He should stick to what he is good at, fiction writing, plenty of worthwhile prizes in that area.

Countrygirl

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
@Daisymay Suzy tells me that Alison is the wife of Prof Francis Creed, Here: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/fellows/fellows-directory/ordinary-fellows/professor-francis-creed

It seems to be a mutual admiration little boys' and girls' club where they take it in turns to give each other a prize on a yearly basis.
There is reference to an Alison Creed married to a Francis Creed here: http://www.peakdistrictartisans.co.uk/2015/01/07/pda-member-dedicates-bespoke-artwork-to-hospice/

It says that Alison died in 2013.

Solstice

@Daisymay Suzy tells me that Alison is the wife of Prof Francis Creed, Here: https://acmedsci.ac.uk/fellows/fellows-directory/ordinary-fellows/professor-francis-creed

It seems to be a mutual admiration little boys' and girls' club where they take it in turns to give each other a prize on a yearly basis.

Maybe a similar award could be handed out to who's been most detrimental to patients health over the past years? We wouldn't even have to come up with our own list and could simply copy theirs. Give it the name of someone made severely ill by them, et voila.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Speaking of 2016's winner here is one of his slides, another slur on patients:

DDy6rEfXkAAbYT3.jpg

Edited to say, I have referred to the wrong member of the infernal trinity: it is White not his chum Sharpe.

Please clarify for me: which 'researcher' posted that slide?

Thanks.

Kalliope

The doctor is fighting back

From the newspaper Frederica Avisen today:
Danish: Stig Gerdes stævner Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhet
google translation: Stig Gerdes contests the Board of Patient Safety

- The board's reasoning that I should have been at risk for one of my patients is completely insane. I have always handled my patients with the utmost care. That is also very well known at the Board.

- The decision is based solely on a single case where I decrease a patient in psychiatric drugs. This happens in medical practices throughout the country every day, and many GPs should have deprived their authorization if this decision is to be in force. It is quite normal for us to stroll patients into doses when they experience severe side effects and there is no legal requirement that we should ask someone for permission to do so. Therefore, it is now a matter of principle for the entire Danish state of medicine, if you want it or not, ends Stig Gerdes.

It is expected that the court will pronounce judgment in 2018.

A.B.

The decision is based solely on a single case where I decrease a patient in psychiatric drugs. This happens in medical practices throughout the country every day, and many GPs should have deprived their authorization if this decision is to be in force. It is quite normal for us to stroll patients into doses when they experience severe side effects and there is no legal requirement that we should ask someone for permission to do so. Therefore, it is now a matter of principle for the entire Danish state of medicine, if you want it or not, ends Stig Gerdes.

The system is unable to admit that it has made an extremely harmful error.