• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just When I thought it was safe...

belize44

I have been badly crashed for awhile, because I impulsively went for a walk two days in a row. But I felt so sick and tired of coddling myself, and I so enjoyed the walks! The air was crisp and cold, the way I like it even though it makes my muscle pain flare up. But about three days later, I began to feel lethargic, erratic heart beat, and even nausea. So for about 10 days I have been paying for my folly. But I don't regret those two beautiful walks! I felt like a human being again, enjoying nature and breathing fresh air. You would think that I would get used to it, but it burns me up that I can't even take a freaking walk or two without paying such a heavy price! Just needed to vent - I am sure others here can relate!

ahmo

flower-smiley.gif
:hug:

Kati

Patient in training
Hi @belize44 I crave nature a lot. i got a camping chair and have in the past years just taken my chair and sit outside in a quiet place. Also I have gotten a mobility scooter when allows to go places, without suffering too much of the crashes. There are still crashes for staying upright too long. But at least I feel I am doing something.

i bet this crash was worth it.

belize44

Hi @belize44 I crave nature a lot. i got a camping chair and have in the past years just taken my chair and sit outside in a quiet place. Also I have gotten a mobility scooter when allows to go places, without suffering too much of the crashes. There are still crashes for staying upright too long. But at least I feel I am doing something.

i bet this crash was worth it.
Yes, it was definitely worth it.

I also guess that I could sit outside on the little patio place we have, and get fresh air that way. In the past, before my illness, I was a constant walker. I'd walk miles and think nothing of it. Now I realize that is not an option anymore; at least not a unplanned option. Sometimes I just have to whine about it, ya know? ;)

Kati

Patient in training
Yes, it was definitely worth it.

I also guess that I could sit outside on the little patio place we have, and get fresh air that way. In the past, before my illness, I was a constant walker. I'd walk miles and think nothing of it. Now I realize that is not an option anymore; at least not a unplanned option. Sometimes I just have to whine about it, ya know? ;)

Yes, I get it. i used to be a bicycle tourist. but being outside can be helpful.