• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just did a SIBO test. Never felt so much pain before (and I've felt pain in this life...)

Folk

So, just did a breath test for SIBO, wich came NEGATIVE by the way. I don't have it...

Something like 30 minutes after drinking the Lactulose solution I started feeling a little discomfort. 1 hour aftter a little pain and so it went like this. The doctor said it was ok. I finished the test and just after 1 hour of drinking the lactulose solution my hydrogen started to go up, wich means I don't have SIBO.

After I left the clinic I went straight to the airpoirt to come back home. It started getting worse. More and more pain. More more more pain. Like contractions wich came from time to time (I though, "is this like going into labour?"). I couldn't stand up, I had to stay sit, leaning forward to feel less pain. Took some madication for flatulence, and some for abdominal cramps but they did nothing.

3 hours in the airport and it just go worse. It was time to get the plane. On the plane it was even worse. We stayed one hour waiting for perimission to fly. I took some other kind of medication for abdominal cramp and it looked like it made a little better but it came back.

I started feeling sooo nauseated I threw up in a bag (Old school bitch).

After going through hell I'm home now. Did an enema and now I'm finally better....

Well, we gotta find a way for women to experience getting kicked in the nuts, cause I just found how to make man feel labour.

Is it really supposed to hurt that much?

Kati

Patient in training
Yikes... drinking lactulose just prior to board a plane is horrible idea... It's a good thing you didn't have an accident while being strapped to your seat, because sometimes diarrhea can get quite explosive on Lactulose. how much did you have to drink?

snowathlete

Sounds like you didnt have a great experience. So sorry it hurt so bad. I've had a fructose and a lactose breath test before that was painless, but that's slightly different, right? Is it, I'm really not sure. Anyway, glad you are better now and wont have to go through it again!

Tammy

Side effects from lactulose can include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps/pain.......................so sorry about your experience!

Folk

Sounds like you didnt have a great experience. So sorry it hurt so bad. I've had a fructose and a lactose breath test before that was painless, but that's slightly different, right? Is it, I'm really not sure. Anyway, glad you are better now and wont have to go through it again!

Yes I've had a fructose test too and felt just a minimal discomfort. Wich came negative btw... But I think they didn't have much idea what they were doing heheh

Folk

Yikes... drinking lactulose just prior to board a plane is horrible idea... It's a good thing you didn't have an accident while being strapped to your seat, because sometimes diarrhea can get quite explosive on Lactulose. how much did you have to drink?

I don't know how much was it...

I was praying for a diarrhea at that moment haha :p