Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Just diagnosed with osteoporosis - ideas welcome!

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by mermaid, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem All Good Things Must Come to an End

Prunes contain anthocyanin, the phytonutrient touted in the much more expensive blueberry. I think that alone is a good enough reason for eating them. If they help bones, so much the better!

Laelia likes this.
  2. Revel

Revel Senior Member

It's the boron content of prunes that is deemed to be the "magic ingredient" at work in these osteoporosis studies.

Another natural foodstuff worth including in a diet to promote bone health and protect against menopausal bone deterioration is flaxseed oil (for the n-3 fatty acids).

Little Bluestem, PatJ and Laelia like this.
  3. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    search Dr Jack Kruse

mermaid likes this.
  4. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    Thank you for that suggestion @keenly - not someone I have read up until now but will do so. I posted this a year ago, and now at least take many of the supplements that were recommended.

I did fall downstairs in September and landed heavily on the middle of my back but did not fracture. I have learned that bone quality is as important as density but the DEXA scan only looks at the density.

keenly and Timaca like this.
  5. keenly

keenly Senior Member

UK
    Vitamin K2 is your friend!

https://www.jackkruse.com/the-osteoporosis-rx/

https://www.jackkruse.com/osteoporosis-part-one/

mermaid likes this.
  6. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    @keenly yes, Vit K2 was one that I had not been on when I got the osteoporosis diagnosis, or rather I had only just started on it at that point. I have now been on it for around 14 months and intend to stay on it. Thank you for the links.

I know he promotes high fat and protein diet from what I have seen. I am dubious about going high fat as I know I have a gallstone but I do have good quality fat in my diet (coconut oil, olive oil and grass fed butter).

keenly likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.