Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Johnson & Johnson to pay $72m in case linking baby powder to ovarian cancer

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Ecoclimber, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Johnson & Johnson to pay $72m in case linking baby powder to ovarian cancer

A Missouri jury has awarded $72m to the family of a woman who died from ovarian cancer, which she said was caused by using Johnson & Johnson’s baby powder and other products containing talcum...

..In the trial, Fox’s attorneys introduced into evidence a September 1997 internal memo from a Johnson & Johnson medical consultant suggesting that “anybody who denies [the] risks” between “hygenic” talc use and ovarian cancer would be publicly perceived in the same light as those who denied a link between smoking cigarettes and cancer: “Denying the obvious in the face of all evidence to the contrary.”

Interesting. Evironmental causes to disease. Johnson Baby power, who would have thought. Though I doubt it will stand on remand.

ahmo, Rlman, Mel9 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I'd like to see J&J pay out to all the victims of Levaquin next but it will never happen.

See more popular forum discussions.