Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Jen Brea gives Esther Crawley some good advice.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Here is a series of tweets addressed to Esther Crawley by Jen Brea.

Jen gives Esther some good advice.

-Jessie-, Deepwater, atleje and 23 others like this.
  2. EsetIsadore

EsetIsadore

3. SueJohnPat

SueJohnPat Sue

Medford NJ
  4. arboretum

arboretum

I think everyone should pay some attention to her first tweet though, that the issues we face are so much bigger than any one (or three, or five) researcher.

When these researchers act the way they do and make the claims they do, it isn't them that's the problem. It's the broader scientific and medical community, and society that's allowing it. In order to make change we need to change minds, raise awareness, and spread ideas, not focus on particular people.

I don't think criticising specific researchers generally achieves much. These tweets from Jennifer Brea set a good model for how to address some of the researchers in CFS, if you need to. Much of the attention directed towards specific researchers of CFS is much too aggressive, personal and borderline obsessive.

EsetIsadore, rosa, Tally and 6 others like this.
  5. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    She rocks. I saw this on twitter. Go Jen! She is truly something else. So freaking smart.

SueJohnPat, EsetIsadore, rosa and 2 others like this.
  6. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

@arboretum and @Misfit Toy , I agree so much with you both. Thank you and thanks to Jen Brea, you are able to raise the level of argument, something I'm afraid Mrs Crawley don't even know a clue of what it means...

Deepwater, SueJohnPat and EsetIsadore like this.

See more popular forum discussions.