• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jarred Younger does a webinar with more updates

MonkeyMan

Dr Younger has often mentioned that crossing the blood-brain barrier is a major hurdle. I stumbled on something that may be a solution. There is a technology called "DehydraTECH" which crosses the blood-brain barrier and can be licensed. It's described on this page: https://www.lexariabioscience.com/technology/#overview

Perhaps this would solve the problem? Maybe Jarred can get a hold of the DehydraTECH and test it out?

More information can be found here: https://www.potnetwork.com/news/delivering-cannabis-over-blood-brain-barrier
They specifically mention non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs as something their technology could get to cross the blood-brain barrier. (Ignore the title of the article, by the way; this is about a lot more than just cannabis!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Vojta

Could you please elaborate on whart neuro symptoms it helped?
Together with typical MCAS reaction like severe skin burning and itching, it triggered some kind of neuropathic dull pain mostly going through limbs, hands, and feet, on top of that dizziness, restlessness, irritation, headache so in total it resulted in total agony when I couldn't stand it every day almost 24hrs hell and was ready to end it.

Interesting was that all these MCAS symptoms I mentioned got triggered by any neurocognitive activity like watching TV or any screen for few minutes, reading few sentences, speaking etc. so I couldn't do absolutely anything and was in complete isolation because of that. My hypothesis is that my MCAS gets triggered by some metabolite which accumulates quickly in CNS because there is maybe some kind of metabolic problem at the core of my ME/CFS or it is a result of mitochondrial damage by long term antibiotics I was on for a wrong diagnosis and damaged me (I didn't have all these secondary syndromes before), just usual ME/CFS.