• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

James Coyne suspending his editorial activies on PLOS One because of failure of data-sharing policy

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good to see James Coyne back to doing what he does best:

I take this to mean that he's addressing this as a general issue that scientists should pile onto, regardless of what they think about PACE in particular.

But if the data-sharing policy is enforced, the PACE authors must either share the data with Coyne or have their paper retracted. It was November when he asked for the data.

He did some time ago mention the idea of organising a general strike of the thousands of PLOS One editors. Maybe this is it.

sarah darwins

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Seems to refer to this paper

whose authors declare no competing interests. If I'm reading things right, it seems that at least one of the authors is an administrator of the program (3RP) being evaluated. Just a teensy weensy conflict, then.

Maybe I've misunderstood what he's doing, then. Anyway, sounds as though he's going to make it all very clear! I foresee a blog post.