• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV Vitamin C & Glutathione experiences

end

Just after a run down on what people have found helpful in regards to IV nutrients particularly Vitamin C, Glutathione there dosages, length/frequency of use, nutrient forms and if administered via push or drip specific drip rates and so on?

Any specifics on a particular IV nutrient for suggested efficacy on a specific viral type ie enterovirus etc

And lastly anything to be on the look out for in regards to negative effects?

xrunner

My answers in short:
1- I was advised not to have more than 2 infusions per week, vit C was at least 5 grams and glutathione was 2 grams.
2 - none helped, that vit C or glutathione (or any other nutrients) are antivirals it's a myth in my own experience, although they may relieve symptoms temporarily -- the only antiviral treatment that worked for me was the probiotic Gcmaf
3 - apart from your finances, if you do to much for too long you may become over sensitised; and if you have mercury in your system, glutathione can make you worse. In my case I'm convinced it contributed to trigger my mcs.

end

Hi @xrunner

Are you saying IV Glutathione triggered your MCS, do you have a theory on exactly how it did that?

xrunner

I had iv glutathione as part of a treatment called phospholipd exchange and aggressive methylation over about a year.
I don't have a definitive answer. My best explanation of what happened was that all those infusions caused redistribution of toxins especially mercury since I had amalgams. In fact some people like Andy Cutler warn against using glutathione in patients with mercury toxicity.
Or it could have been the Lyme and other infections which I had at the time but I wouldn't know how the infusions might have affected me from that side. Interestingly though, vitamin C which had always helped me with fatigue and flu-like symptoms but never resolved much, it stopped working toward the end just before I started having the first mcs symptoms.

sueami

Yeah, I thought it was pretty alarming too. I don't know anything about metals/detox. I'm too new to all of this. I'd try tagging SDSue and some of the posters she mentioned and asking them. Good luck with it!