• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IV Ganciclovir anyone?

Jenny

I'm sorry Jenny, I missed this post of yours (I seem to be making a habit of that! :( ) Really appreciate that info .... Did you get a P/X from BS then, rather than get it direct from them? That's a good price, thanks.

How are you getting on on Valtrex? I took it a few years ago when I had shingles, but only for a week. I got on well with it. I'm due to go on double that dose, but due to 'recent events' I will be starting off slow.... More of the 'recent event' in a later post!

Very sorry to hear of your IV problems - hope things are getting easier.

I've been on the Valtrex now for nearly 3 months. No change for the better or worse. I got it from the doc at the Royal Free Fatigue clinic on a private script.

But just today my GP has agreed to give me another 8 weeks of Valtrex on a NHS script! Must be some mistake ;)

Jenny

Cytovene is metabolised in the kidney so taking supplements for detox may not really help if they only support the liver and drugs that are metabolised in the liver. Keeping your blood pressure low or LOWER will support the kidneys.

You may find out that Valtrex may not really work or it will work limitedly and only at high doses, this will bring the cost up again. Someone discussed homemade Imunovir here. If that works for you, that will be very very cheap and you can basically buy its 2 ingredients in bulk powder. You may want to consider Artemesia (arteminisin, artesunate) too.

The problem here lies with the fact that just stopping the virus from replicating is not enough. You must allow cells that are infected by the virus to die off and since cells that are infected by the virus are basically immortal cells, those cells will only die off if your immune system can mount an attack on them.
Not many pple with CFS can unfortunately. It explains the relapses and the extended length of our infection and also the extended length of AV treatment.

SLO: is Shark Liver Oil. It stimulates white blood cell formation and has been used by cancer patients on chemo drugs to minimise side effects from drugs.

Hi!

Well after prolonged side effects (kidney pain etc) I finally feel a bit better from the drug now. My Dr hasn't allowed me yet to start the Valtrex but has said at the moment to start Artesunate which I did yesterday (started off tiny and building up slowly); with a view to adding Valtrex in later.
I know what you're saying about the Valtrex and how the AV's work, and that's my worry too ... You need the immune system to kick in itself unless you want to be on them indeterminately. I'm going to try the Imunovir again in the hope that it'll help; someone else who has Lyme & EBV at the clinic I go to has found it tremendously helpful, and after 2 week her glands went down for the 1st time in 9 years! She also says she doesn't feel like she's fighting something the entire time now either.
Will try the proper stuff 1st, and then if I get on well with that, I'll look into the homemade version.

My Dr is also going to look into Nexavir (Kutapressin) for me, to see if that's an option.

I'm going to read up up on SLO, it sounds interesting.

Thanks for all your helpful info ..... all of you are brill! :eek:)

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi whiskers,
How are u travelin now? hopefully feeling better. Did u start valtrex? i think you will find its not as hard to tolerate as ganciclovir, valtrex and famvir have a very good safety profile.

cheers!!!