• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

It's settled - DHEA raises free testosterone

PhoenixBurger

This is an old thread but I found it with a relevant google search. So i wanted to add my input:

I have had low testosterone (hovering 295 to 300) for quite some time (im a 42 yr old male who has had low T for over a decade).

I started taking 6mg of DHEA via a micronized sublingual (let it dissolve in my mouth and left it there for an hour or so). Only 6mg.

Took it for about 1 week then stopped because I noticed I was getting easily angered and infuriated about everything, and my body odor had gone up significantly. It was simply gross LOL ...

I stopped and just hung out for another whole week ... then figured I'd test my testosterone levels.

They came back 250 points higher - at 550. My jaw dropped. This is *total* (not free) testosterone.

On just 6mg of micronized DHEA in the mouth (try not to swallow anything) for 7 days - and the test was done 7 days AFTER i had stopped.

I have decided that Im going to avoid the Clomid, and the Androgel and the T injections and simply take 12mg of DHEA once a week. If I am this responsive to it, I could feasibly keep my T levels in the 500's and 600's via this "natural" method forever. Much safer and no "shut down" involved.

Thanks for the tips above - I will monitor my estrogen. I have access to an Aromatase inhibitor if I need one.