• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Israel Finds Possible HIV cure

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
Science is advancing at a pace I never imagined possible, however they're not even at phase I trials yet on this therapy.

illsince1977

A shadow of my former self
I found the citation and full text in case anyone wants to read it.
http://www.aidsrestherapy.com/content/7/1/31
I've included the abstract here.
Bolding is mine!

Abstract
A correlation between increase in the integration of Human Immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) cDNA and cell death was previously established. Here we show that combination of peptides that stimulate integration together with the protease inhibitor Ro 31-8959 caused apoptotic cell death of HIV infected cells with total extermination of the virus. This combination did not have any effect on non-infected cells. Thus it appears that cell death is promoted only in the infected cells. It is our view that the results described in this work suggest a novel approach to specifically promote death of HIV-1 infected cells and thus may eventually be developed into a new and general anti-viral therapy.

Daffodil

its unfortunate that the vast majority of things that work in vitro end up not working in vivo....:-/