• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is your hypOperfusion & hypERperfusion obvious to you ?

xchocoholic

I just wondered how many people feel the effects of hypOperfusion when upright and hypERperfusion when supine and what do others feel.

This feeling is more intense for me sometimes but I have no idea why.

Mine's obvious. If I'm standing up or even walking way too long my brain stops working properly, my heart races, I get sob and even my shoulders begin to slump forward. I have OI/OH/POTS.

Laying down results in a feeling of blood rushing into my upper body but esp my heart and brain. Standing on my head is the only feeling I can compare this too.

My hypERperfusion typically takes an hour to resolve. My heart rate actually only reaches my resting rate after 45 minutes. I've been calling these POTS episodes.

I just wondered if everyone with OI does this and if this means anything. And what others feel. Or maybe people who don't have OI do this ?

And if we have answers for hypoperfusion yet. I wonder if this symptom could be causing pem.

Thanks. X

Last edited:

Martial

I have constant hypo perfusion of my brain. It doesn't seem to affect what position or things I try its still the same issue. Sometimes it fades if I use a lot of blood thinning and perfusion supplements. If I get reactions to treatment and raised inflammation nothing helps though.

xchocoholic

Hi @Martial

Sorry to hear you have this all the time and that nothing you've tried helped. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be.

Since mine's positional I have no idea what supps or meds might help. Salt helps a tiny bit but not enough.

Tc .. x

beaverfury

beaverfury
I get hypofusion when I get stressed or if I push myself physically. Going shopping and standing too long with items in my hands is a surefire way to induce it.

My hypofusion has improved after long term antibiotics. Ginkgo biloba and nattokinase also help.

xchocoholic

I get hypofusion when I get stressed or if I push myself physically. Going shopping and standing too long with items in my hands is a surefire way to induce it.

My hypofusion has improved after long term antibiotics. Ginkgo biloba and nattokinase also help.

Hi @beaverfury

Thanks for replying. Do you have OI ? I feel horrible from standing esp if I'm holding something too. Going thru checkout lines without a cart is torture for me.

I'm finding I need to treat utis so frequently that long term antibiotics may help too. Or maybe I should just try constantly taking some natural antibacterials.

I'm allergic to ginkgo but I'll look at natto. Thanks.

I was actually thinking that increased hypoperfusion could be indicative of an allergic reaction.

Tc .. x

beaverfury

beaverfury
@xchocoholic I had fairly constant OI (dizzyness and trouble standing) in the first few years. Horrible. It gradually went away on the Abx for lyme.

Thankfully it only recurs with the above conditions. Sometimes I still have to sit down in shopping aisle to get things together. They never have seats in the shops in Aus for some reason. God knows how seniors get on.

xchocoholic

I hear you. I keep asking managers to put seats near the check out lanes but so far no one has. I use a motorized cart most always if they're available. On the times I don't use one and think "oh the exercise will be good for me" I start kicking myself by the time I get down 2-3 aisles at grocery stores. Doh !

I really need to get my own cart again but I can't afford it and I haven't pursued the insurance route.