• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there BH4 supplement/medicine?

kyzcreig

Well if you couldn't produce your own BH4 then yes.

This is what HeartFixer and Amy Yasko recommend:

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

Pharmacological doses (200 mg/day) of BH4 has been shown to be safe and effective when used to treat endothelial dysfunction in hyperlipidemic individuals, and in dealing with Methyl Cycle defects, far lower nutritional doses (2.5 mg two times a day) are typically employed, but here a little bit of BH4 can go a long way...​

http://www.dramyyasko.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1327512160_9_1_1_8_pdf_02_file.pdf

BH4 Supplementation The initial results are encouraging. Low daily doses of BH4 (1.25 mg) initially appear to stimulate detoxification over the first several weeks of use. After this initial detoxification effect, the BH4 appears to have a very positive impact on language for individuals with CBS C699T+ mutations. It seems it is possible to restore BH4 stores through supplementation.​

drob31

I bought some, so we'll see what happens. Is the powder easy to measure?

Is Kuvan and this basically the same exact thing?

roller

wiggle jiggle
long time ago i looked into kuvan but couldnt source it.

i dont know why anymore, but i noted that b2 + b9 should have a similar effect?

where to order bh4?

For a limited time I will be selling BH4 here:
http://kigeliashop.com/product/pteridin-4-bh4-ecological-formulas/
http://kigeliashop.com/product/pteridin-4-bh4-research-powder

The research powder is sourced from a Swiss lab that used to manufacture tablets themselves before BioMarin drove them out of that business. I used their tablets in the past and know of no higher quality manufacturer.

Thanks for your initiative!

Do you have the ecological formula on stock? It is sold out everywhere else.

How is the research powder contained? Is it airsealed, is it in an ampule etc. Dos it come as the pure substance (or does it contaion other substances), I mean it would be technically hard to make small individual daily "research" doses out of such a tiny amount of BH4?

Anyway, since I am in Europe it will be hard to get (shipping time, customs ...)

Thanks

drob31

I bought 50 mg from that site. Hopefully it's legit, and ships relatively quickly.

kyzcreig

Hi, we got a lot more orders than we expected so we had to go on backorder. Our resupply is going through customs now so you should expect your order sometime next week.

@malk it's shipped in a mylar bag with a cold gel pack. I provide a 1-3mg scooper so you can use that if you don't have a milligram scale.

Mimi

Sorry to hear about the gastritis. You are supposed to freeze it and prevent exposure to air. Otherwise, it loses potency.

Mimi

Careful with the research powder. It gave me toe cramps and I read one account of a woman who had eye bleeds. Of course, it's always hard to tell from a post online (see mthfr.net), but I had a lot of experience with that Swiss powder. Most of it great, but the toe cramps got a little annoying.

Mimi

Kuvan is not the same thing. It is a precursor to BH4. However, the effect is very similar. I took 33 mg/day and had no side effects.

aquariusgirl

Yeah helps big time w/brain function but I ended up on Flagyl for the gastritis. My NP said afterwards ":yeah known side effect .ive stopped recommending it cos if that."

Well I ordered BH4 from irc-bio. Just ordered 50mg. It comes in a dark blue bottle sealed in a mylarbpackage which was shipped with cold pack. They were fast about shipping the product.

Now I will see how it works. I miss Pteridin 4. I was ready to go back to work when it went "out of stock" then my body crashed two weeks without it. Couldn't work. So far BH4 and glutathione help me be "normal". Increase glutathione for muscle weakness/numbness and BH4 for energy and neurotransmitters. BH4 helps me with language too.

Avengers26

@trsnorth It says on irc's website that they offer free shipping for orders over $50. But, when I add 50 mg or even more of BH4 it to cart, it still charges me $6 for priority shipping. That's the only shipping option available. Did you get free shipping?