• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there anyone on this site who is recovered?

Heartl

I have had ME I think as far as I remember but officially diagnosed in my early 20s. Highly functional, able to do a lot but crashed every time and needing lots of sleep to recover. This was my life until I was 42 when I pushed myself way too hard and was 10% functioning. Able to just take care of myself. Showers were the hardest- once a week was all I could manage and I remember looking down at my shaky legs and almost passing out from it. Gradually I got a little better by doing nothing different. Able to go for slow walks for up to 15 min a day. This took 1 1/2 years. Finally I started looking at my diet and started eating only organic and grass-fed food and literally within two weeks of that I was walking fast for 30 minutes everyday and highly functional for 5-6 hours a day. Felt pretty great! Lasted 3 years until this January pushed too hard again now I’m bed bound but able to do cooking and dishes, self-care and that’s it even though I eat just as healthy. I’ve never tried any supplements just food because I don’t tolerate lots of foods so I don’t see why I would tolerate supplements.