• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is there any student suffering from CFS?

panckage

The first time I got CFS I was in college and had it for 2 years. Basically my whole life was schoolwork (80% full time). I had no social life or really could do much of anything other than study. It sucked but in a way it was good as I lived at home and college students have a lot of free time. I felt like my life was still advancing forward then. I'm sure my grades were somewhat worse than they could of been but I was able to manage

How is your college life Zou?

It's better living at home,
The first time I got CFS I was in college and had it for 2 years. Basically my whole life was schoolwork (80% full time). I had no social life or really could do much of anything other than study. It sucked but in a way it was good as I lived at home and college students have a lot of free time. I felt like my life was still advancing forward then. I'm sure my grades were somewhat worse than they could of been but I was able to manage

How is your college life Zou?

The same. I spend almost all the time studying. The environment of dormitory is kind of aweful, nosiy and the staying up of roommates, I have insomia. But the scenery of my school is really beautifu and the canteen is very good. My profession is not that strict so I can struggle to go through it . But I'm worried about the future and work because of my weak condition.

panckage

The environment of dormitory is kind of aweful, nosiy and the staying up of roommates
Not sure what things are like in your residence but usually residences have quiet hours. My residence advisor was a retard and wouldn't enforce quiet hours but when I talked to her manager they were enforced. Maybe something to look into? Especially if you have a documented medical condition the equity office might be able to help u out with special accommodations

But I'm worried about the future and work because of my weak condition.
This is a tough one. For me I became a substitute high school teacher. It's the perfect for me as there are lots of holidays and I can take time off whenever I need it (without pay). The pay is pretty good though so it's not really an issue. OTOH I don't think there is any way I could have made it through the practicum with CFS... There's a thread floating somewhere around here about good careers for people with cfs...

There's a thread floating somewhere around here about good careers for people with cfs...

Oh, that's great for you to find a good job.

Another classmate tells me that he want to move to a quiet dormitory and I dicide to go with him to consult our instructor.

Now I choose 9.00 PM to do exercise and then take a bath, which greatly contribute to my sleep.

Recently my condition improves a lot, though I don't know which way lead to it, maybe because the D-Ribose gives me more energy so I can run and do exercise which just relieve my CFS little by little, maybe because other supplements and the change of my diet or the change of my ideas after some things.

Maybe I can come back to life.

panckage

Recently my condition improves a lot, though I don't know which way lead to it, maybe because the D-Ribose gives me more energy so I can run and do exercise which just relieve my CFS little by little, maybe because other supplements and the change of my diet or the change of my ideas after some things.

Maybe I can come back to life.
I hope so :) The first time I got CFS I was 19. It lasted 2-3 years before I went into remission for about 10 years. Maybe the same thing can happen to you!!

Its really impressive that you can do some running again

I hope so :) The first time I got CFS I was 19. It lasted 2-3 years before I went into remission for about 10 years. Maybe the same thing can happen to you!!

Its really impressive that you can do some running again

I also think it's a significant improvement, in the past, every time I do some exercise, I felt like I ran out of the energy and I would be extremely tired, at that time I think exercise may have the opposed effect.

But the brain fog is an inevitable obstacle in all the daily activities, maybe I need much more time to see the improvement of this aspect.

Recently I read a book, there's an idea willpower is directly related to the energy you have and another book give many examples about the relationship between exercise and intelligence.(Spark: the revolutionary new science of exercise and the brain) And an example attracting my attention is that one grandmother keep active and a sharp brain, however, after an accident, she gradually lose her action ability and she becomes more and more clumsy.

I think the reason why brain fog is hard to relieve may is that it's hard to make CFS patients be able to reach the point having enough energy to do exercise.

I have tried so many things to improve the cognition, all I can feel obvious side effects, now I only use a few things to maintain energy and strengthen immune system.

After 7 years, I find everything comes back to the simplest treatment and idea.

panckage

@Zou Xiangyu I am happy to hear you are having some improvement :)

I agree that not being able to do anything dulls our brains but I think there is something much more fundamental about CFS that causes the brain fog. LDN is one of the most common successful treatments for CFS. I've personally found it to be extremely helpful in relieving brain fog. The problem I'm having though is that I build tolerance to it pretty quick. Both times I've tried it worked well for about a month before the effect disminished. I was off it for about 2 weeks before resuming at which time the full effect resumed