• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is taking BH4 a problem for COMT++ ?

npeden

NPeden, Monterey, CA
I believe we are ALL BH4 deficient as the glycine in our bodies is replaced by a form of glycine built into glyphosate (roundup). I highly recommend friending Sterling Hill and MTHFRsupport on FB. She and a team of scientist are as I write are in Washington speaking against Monsanto. This is not about snps; it is about all the forms of biotoxins we are all receiving. While coenzymated b2 is important, according to Sterling Hill, coenzymated b6 (p5p) is even more important. She has me on it w lysine and my glutamate is down. Do at least join the forums at mthfrsupport.com. Again, this is not about snps but the many daily biotoxins we are exposed to. I am about to try H2, a water hydrolyzer that alkalinizes...

On another note, google NIH, bergamot oil and glutamate reduction; there are two studies w rats.. I am now using bergamot oil also to reduce glutamate but at least the NIH is catching up. On day two of bergamot and it works especially for my chronic insomnia.

As for comt++ i have that too but not sure how I am treating it. Sterling has me on a pre-methylation protocol...

Last edited:

npeden

NPeden, Monterey, CA
Hey Hip,

I was reading some of your history and saw that you had good luck taking flaxseed oil. I did too, this is why:
Flaxseed oil reduces oxidative stress and enhances brain monoamines release in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats
http://het.sagepub.com/content/early/2015/02/08/0960327115571765.abstract

To me taking FMN is much easier/cheaper/safer.

don't know about the oil, but flaxseed, esp. ground, is high in phytoestrogens, something some of us need to avoid. i use unground chia; i think it is a little less.

Oci

don't know about the oil, but flaxseed, esp. ground, is high in phytoestrogens, something some of us need to avoid. i use unground chia; i think it is a little less.
Just wondering what your reason is for avoiding the phytoestrogens in ground flaxseed? If re breast cancer, it has been shown in studies that ground flax reduces incidences/growth.
This is also true for prostate cancer.
https://www.oncologynutrition.org/erfc/hot-topics/flaxseeds-and-breast-cancer/

Oci

On another note, google NIH, bergamot oil and glutamate reduction; there are two studies w rats.. I am now using bergamot oil also to reduce glutamate but at least the NIH is catching up. On day two of bergamot and it works especially for my chronic insomnia.
Very interesting. Please keep us insomniacs posted. How do you use it? In an infuser? How much? i am just getting started on essential oils.

Peyt

I believe we are ALL BH4 deficient as the glycine in our bodies is replaced by a form of glycine built into glyphosate (roundup). I highly recommend friending Sterling Hill and MTHFRsupport on FB. She and a team of scientist are as I write are in Washington speaking against Monsanto. This is not about snps; it is about all the forms of biotoxins we are all receiving. While coenzymated b2 is important, according to Sterling Hill, coenzymated b6 (p5p) is even more important. She has me on it w lysine and my glutamate is down. Do at least join the forums at mthfrsupport.com. Again, this is not about snps but the many daily biotoxins we are exposed to. I am about to try H2, a water hydrolyzer that alkalinizes...

As for comt++ i have that too but not sure how I am treating it. Sterling has me on a pre-methylation protocol...

Hi,
I am looking at trying Glycine and Glutamine in order to lower my Cysteine and converting it to Glutathione. You mentioned BH4 and Glycine and this made me wonder if I need to first make sure that Glycine will not cause any problems .... How does Glycine effect the BH4 levels? (please educate me anyone)

pemone

The only SNPs that are worth supplementing are the antioxidant SNPs. And other SNPs you supplement are to reduce the oxidation. So for me, COMT is treated with magnesium and MAOA MAOB with FMN. This lowers oxidation. Next I treat my CBS, GAD1, SUOX, SOD1, SOD2 and GPX . Result? Complete recovery.

@ppodhajski if you are still around here would you please send me a private message?