• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is seeing Dr. Meirleir a two day thing , or one ?

Bansaw

I got some info back from Himmunitas and it looks like I need two days in Brussels , not one as I originally thought.

They offer a consult on Monday morning and some tests at 8am, then on the Tuesday they seem to want you to come back for other tests.
So, Monday would be the lactose intolerance test, and Tuesday would be the fructose intolerance one.

Is this your experience, a two-day thing, or did you just do the one day?
I hear the follow-up consult is perhaps a phone call deal a couple of months later.

And the pricing:
First consultation 90 €
Follow-up consultation 70 €
Breath test Lactose 90 €
Breath test Fructose 90 €
Food allergy test 160 €
Electrocardiogram + effort test 125 €
Echocardiogram 100€
Blood tests ± 2500€

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
It takes two days for the first consult. You see KDM on day one, have one of the breath tests, then the second breath test and the blood tests on day 2. Followup appointments only take one day.

Valentijn

If you do both breath tests, you need two days. But you could cancel one or both if you wanted to.

Bansaw

Thanks. I'm doing them both actually and have just booked my appointment.
What you can and can't eat is pretty restrictive when you're there.

What did everyone do for meals?

upload_2017-2-15_10-38-17.png