Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Is Melatonin a methyl donor?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by nodokomo, Jun 11, 2016.

1. nodokomo

nodokomo

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask. But I wanted to ask if anyone knows if Melatonin is a methyl donor.
    My first ever supplement of any kind was taking a 2mg Melatonin pill that also had 2mg of B6 in it. The next day and for the next 8-9 days I felt amazing(no more pain and weakness or paralysis) while continuing to take the pill every night. After that though, I started to feel gradually worse and eventually started getting a very strong pounding heart beat everytime I took the pill, and so I stopped.
    Now, the reason I ask if Melatonin is a methyl donor, is because I have recently started taking MethylCobalamin, and after a few days of feeling well and sleeping well, I again started getting the pounding heart beat after taking it.
    So, do you guys know if Melatonin is a methyl donor? Sorry if the bold formatting is bothersome to anyone, I just find it easier to read that way.

See more popular forum discussions.