• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is LYME DISEASE...UNDER YOUR SKIN?

Jacque

I am wondering how many of you on this site have watched the documentary, UNDER OUR SKIN??www.underourskin.com If you have not I highly recommend it! It will really open your eyes and raise your suspicion as to whether Lyme Disease is at the very root of all of this autoimmune maddness. Lyme is spread by Ticks, Mosquitos, and Fleas (not just ticks -and you don't have to get the bullseye rash).

Lyme Disease is known as "The Disease With 1,000 Faces"... It is the underlying and missed infection in a majority of cases of CFS, FM, MS, RA, ALS, Lupus, and many others.

Testing for Lyme, is insanely inaccurate (missing 50% of cases). Even the very best of tests can be inconclusive due to the stealthy nature of the Borrelia bacteria and numerous Co-infections of Lyme. They adapt, hide, morph and really get the immune system into a tizzy! If you are not tested in the first 30-90 days, your odds of an accurate test are slim.

All I know is this..... I was a fairly healthy little tomboy! Had the world at my feet...and dreams galore! Around age 12 a tick crawled in my ear (unbeknowns to me), a week or two later I told my mom I could not hear out of my ear and that it itched... She discovered the tick and backed it out with a match (very bad to do). And around that age in my life, is coincidentally, when I was sick in bed for 2 weeks with a terrible "flu" and missed lots of school. My knees and spine were always on fire, I couldn't concentrate in classes, and was sick with viruses etc CONSTANTLY! Was told I had growing pains at age 13!! Yah well I'm still havin em...IDIOTS! I missed so much school my Sr. yr that I had to back down as School President and barely graduated. At 18 got the Diag of Rheumatoid Arthritis and told I would be in a wheelchair by age 35 (another IDIOT Dr.) Through the many years of suffering and searching my "disease labels" include EBV, CFS, FM, Lupus, Hashimotos, HHV6, Tests point to + Lyme, Mycoplasmas, Protomyxoia parasite, ME, and CVID (Common Variable Immune Deficiency), and Chiari Malformation.

So I think I am now being called The Woman with a Thousand Diseases!o_O ... by many who "judge" me due to the invisible nature of this type of illness.

I am not saying that Lyme or its Co infections definately the cause of ME/CFS - but my suspicions are that it is. If this illness is not spread so much person to person...then how else are millions getting it?? Bugs kill more people on this planet .... than anything so I don't think this idea is too far out there.

There is even a lot of "conspiracy theory" type thinking in regard to Lyme being a "man made" bacteria/virus type infection. It is written about in a book called Lab 257. I haven't read the book but if I was a terrorist - I am thinkin bugs that bite humans would be a wonderful way to take down millions of people.

Also there is a great website with a written test if you are at all interested in knowing more. Go to www.canlyme.com and click on symptoms and if you score above a 30 you might want to consider getting tested by one of the labs recommended there.

Just thought I'd write a little note on this subject as I have seen many posts pondering what in the heck is causing all of this. Lyme may not be it but as you will see when you watch Under Our Skin hundreds were diagnosed with CFS ETC...when in fact they really had LYME.

Fight on!!! Jacque

That's an interesting thought, I remember getting a tick on my leg when I was 8 or 9, freaked me out completely, my mum tried to get it out but the mouth parts got stuck and they had to sort of dig it out if you get me, it was horrible!

Be very careful of entering the Lyme Disease world. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease when what I really have is CFS/ME. It cost me tens of thousands of dollars in treatment and my gallbladder lost to massive doses of IV Rocephin.

Jacque

Be very careful of entering the Lyme Disease world. I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease when what I really have is CFS/ME. It cost me tens of thousands of dollars in treatment and my gallbladder lost to massive doses of IV Rocephin.

I also have CFS/ME JLyn but am of the mindset that the Lyme caused it??? I don't know that for sure tho! And I agree with you... The ABX treatment for the Lyme is horrid and I cannot tolerate it! I just know a lot of people question WHY their immune system is so derailed and I would guess at least 75% here have undiagnosed Lyme. I was diag with CFS before I was diag with Lyme. It is that chicken/egg scenario perhaps?

So the IV Rocephin did nothing or you after all of the thousands and herxing??? That is just criminal! I am so sorry to hear that and makes me happy I did not do it... I have a girlfriend goin through her 2nd round of very $$$ IV Abx right now... I sure hope it works for her...

My doc says that that tick bite I got when I was 12 could have infected me with the viruses that cause ME/CFS as well as the Borrelia bacteria???? Now there is a heavy thought huh?
Take Care...