• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it really worth the fight?

whodathunkit

Full on injected with adrenaline can't sleep! Is this common?
I dunno how common it is, but it's been part of my symptomology for over a decade. Sucks, no?
I thought I was just weird until I hit PR.

I get it a few days before I'm supposed to ovulate, and then again a few days before I actually start. IMO it has something to do with anovulatory phases (supposed to ovulate but don't, or maybe LH levels aren't as high as they should be, something like that) and dropping hormone levels in general. Normally it's only a one-night per episode occurrence (usually with two episodes per month, mid- and end-cycle), although last week it was several days (again, I suspect that had something to do with the niacin).

FWIW, I do eat sugar. I also eat lots of starchy carbs. With butter, no less. :D IMO carbs are not really an issue...IMO the primary health benefit of PHD is cutting the omega-6 fats. That includes eating stuff like chicken, which, although protein, is loaded with omega-6 because chickens are primarily fed grain. Also has to do with intake of vegetable, nut, and seed oils (as well as nuts and seeds themselves). I've come to the conclusion that an overabundance of omega-6 is death on health (especially nervous system and hormone health), but I can't prove it. That's just been my experience. I do still eat some omega-6 foods like oats a couple/few times per week (luvs me my porridge :thumbsup:), but in general try to avoid them like the plague. It's a strategy that really seems to work for me.

digital dog

I can't eat fish, flax or walnuts. I go insane. makes me incredibly nerves and edgy.
I have to be very careful with the fats I eat. A typically healthy diet for me could make me suicidal.
I have a VERY odd brain!

Effi

@digital dog My instant thought was the same as @Gingergrrl 's (birthday thread) but that might just cause too much overload, so I'll send you some birthday goodies here: :balloons::cat::star::bow::cake::bouquet::gift: :hug:

Ever since I got sick I always think about how people wish each other 'good health' on birthdays, without actually knowing what it means. We know what it means. It is so precious... Sometimes people light a candle for me, with an intention towards better health for me. I'll light a virtual one here for you.
animated_candle.gif~c200

I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but no matter how bad I feel I can pray for others. Gives me something to do and makes me feel useful.