• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is it possible to buy pure methylfolate powder?

I have a severe salicylate sensitivity which means I can eat almost no fruits or vegetables. It also means I can't tolerate the dyes/fillers etc in most supplements.

I have recently found from my 23andme test that I have 2 copies of c677t and likely poor folic acid uptake, and that this means methylfolate should be easier for me to absorb. I'm also worried that my folic acid intake is too low due to not eating much plant based food.

Is there a pure powder source of methylfolate that anyone knows of?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have a reaction to the plant based microcellulose fillers and magnesium stearate in these capsule based products. I did find one powder here but it's expensive and I thought somebody else might know another supplier. I'm also not sure how that form of methylfolate would compare to the Quatrefolic/metafolin based products.

Thanks again.

Lotus97

Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have a reaction to the plant based microcellulose fillers and magnesium stearate in these capsule based products. I did find one powder here but it's expensive and I thought somebody else might know another supplier. I'm also not sure how that form of methylfolate would compare to the Quatrefolic/metafolin based products.

Thanks again.
Metabolic Maintenance sells methylfolate without excipients, but they only sell in 10 mg capsules which would be way too high for most people. They do have a b complex with methylfolate and only leucine as a filler
http://www.iherb.com/Metabolic-Maintenance-B-Complex-100-Capsules/37558

They also have multis with and without iron that both have methylfolate and also this DIM/calcium glucarate supplement with methylfolate:
http://www.iherb.com/Metabolic-Main...thane-w-CoFactors-100-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/37567