• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is CFS really worse than Cancer?

Ambrosia_angel

can i ask you what are you really doing on this forum?? from what you say you don t have Me/CFS, not even close actaully..go and live life..why are you worried of a disease that you don t have?...
I'm sorry but who are you to question why the OP is on this forum? This forum isn't just for people with ME. You have no right to question why the OP wants to engage in conversations on ME especially considering that the OP previously had ME as a possible diagnosis. Maybe now he has learned more about it than he used to know before being ill and is curious despite not having it.

I feel like comments like this are unhelpful to people trying to learn about a very misunderstood condition.

Yes maybe the original question isn't helpful but it shouldn't lead to you or anyone else asking why the OP is here. OP can live his life and still post on a forum.

Gingergrrl

Some cfs patients would rather have cancer. At least theres potential treatment, and a known outcome.

I was trying so hard to ignore this thread and probably actually will put the thread on ignore soon but this comment really got to me. There is not always a "potential treatment or a known outcome" with cancer and I just don't understand these words.

My step-daughter's mother died at age 39 of multiple myeloma leaving behind her then two year old child. She tried every known treatment, and experimental treatment, but still died. No one in the history of her family had MM and it is a mystery why she got it so young.

I have gotten IVIG for 19 months at an infusion center that is a cancer center. Many of the patients who come for their for chemo are in their 30's and 40's and have young children. 19 months later I have had improvements from the IVIG (and Rituximab) but they are now dead and their children have no parents.

My mom is fighting with every ounce of strength in her in the hospital as I type this b/c she has stage 4 colon cancer that has metastasized. She currently has had three surgeries, which were followed by near fatal sepsis and being on a ventilator for two weeks. She has had no food or water by mouth in over one month. She cannot breathe without BIPAP machine and is hooked to an NG tube, various drains and catheters, a PICC line, an ostomy bag, and I could go on.

My point in writing this is that people with diseases suffer. No one disease or illness has a monopoly on suffering and I do not understand the constant comparisons to cancer as if it is a walk in the park. It is not. There is not always a treatment or a known outcome.

notmyself

I'm sorry but who are you to question why the OP is on this forum? This forum isn't just for people with ME. You have no right to question why the OP wants to engage in conversations on ME especially considering that the OP previously had ME as a possible diagnosis. Maybe now he has learned more about it than he used to know before being ill and is curious despite not having it.

I feel like comments like this are unhelpful to people trying to learn about a very misunderstood condition.

Yes maybe the original question isn't helpful but it shouldn't lead to you or anyone else asking why the OP is here. OP can live his life and still post on a forum.
i'm just trying to help him. he have energy swings and digestive issues..this is not ME, not even close..he is stilla able to train, he didin t mention any neurological symptoms, no pem, no flue like feelings..From his post i can easily realise that his problem is health anxiety, he wrote:''Now what gave me much Anxiety is i heard that CFS patients have the poorest quality compared to diseases like MS, Diabetes, Crohns, UC, HIV/AIDS, Lupus, Celiac & Cancer.... Yes Cancer ''
His condition will worsen on this kind of forum.

Kenny Banya

Hi i originally joined this forum believing i wa suffering the early stages of maybe cfs as i was struggling with crazy energy swings & digestive issues which ended up i guess being anxiety as the energy swinge went away after i got blood work done to find out everything was Healthy

Now what gave me much Anxiety is i heard that CFS patients have the poorest quality compared to diseases like MS, Diabetes, Crohns, UC, HIV/AIDS, Lupus, Celiac & Cancer.... Yes Cancer
Link https://www.healthrising.org/blog/2...gue-syndrome-worse-mulitple-sclerosis-cancer/
I literally tell doctors I wish I had Cancer & AIDS - clear enough?
BTW, I used to do a 2.8x body weight deadlift & run under 43 mins for 10km