• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is Auto immunity possible without positive ANA and elevated CRP

junkcrap50

Yes. ANA is only 1 type of antibody. You can have other antibodies. And CRP is known to be normal in CFS patients despite high inflammation levels. I don't know the explanation normal CRP & concurrent inflammation, however.

I have negative ANA & normal CRP and still have autoantibodies according to Cyrex Labs.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info!
My doctors just keep saying I don’t have an auto immune issue because it’s not possible since my ANA is negative.

At the same time I have almost identical symptoms as @crypt0cu1t which started after vaccination, EBV and bad herpes outbreak, so I guess my immune system going haywire is not that improbable.

junkcrap50

If your doctor is willing to order tests, there are all the autoantibody tests that I know of:
Cyrex Array 5 - Multiple Autoimmune Reactivity Screen
  • Parietal Cell + ATPase antibodies
  • Intrinsic Factor antibodies
  • ASCA + ANCA antibodies
  • Tropomyosin antibodies
  • Thyroglobulin antibodies
  • Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies
  • 21-Hydroxylase (Adrenal Cortex) antibodies
  • Myocardial Peptide antibodies
  • Alpha-Myosin antibodies
  • Phospholipid antibodies
  • Platelet Glycoprotein antibodies
  • Testis antibodies
  • Fibulin antibodies
  • Collagen Complex antibodies
  • Arthritic Peptide antibodies
  • Osteocyte antibodies
  • Cytochrome P450 (Hepatocyte) antibodies
  • Insulin + Islet Cell antibodies
  • Glutamic Acid Decarboxylase 65 antibodies
  • Myelin Basic Protein antibodies
  • Asialoganglioside antibodies
  • Alpha-Tubulin + Beta-Tubulin antibodies
  • Cerebellar antibodies
  • Synapsin antibodies
CellTrend CFS/POTS Diagnostic
  • Anti a-1-adrenergic antibodies
  • Anti a-2-adrenergic antibodies
  • Anti b-1-adrenergic antibodies
  • Anti b-2-adrenergic antibodies
  • Anti-muscarinic cholinergic receptor 1 antibodies
  • Anti-muscarinic cholinergic receptor 2 antibodies
  • Anti-muscarinic cholinergic receptor 3 antibodies
  • Anti-muscarinic cholinergic receptor 4 antibodies
  • Anti-muscarinic cholinergic receptor 5 antibodies
Cunningham Panel
  • Anti-Dopamine Receptor D1
  • Anti-Dopamine Receptor D2L
  • Anti-Lysoganglioside GM1
  • Anti-Tubulin
  • CaM Kinase II
Lab Corp
  • Anti-Mitochondrial Ab
  • Anti-Smooth Muscle Ab
  • Anti-Cardiolipin Ab
  • Rheumatoid Factor IgM
Quest Diagnostics
  • Beta 2 glycoprotein IgG, IgM, IgA
  • Lupus anticoagulant
  • Anti-phosphatidylserine IgG, IgM, IgA
  • Anti-prothrombin IgG (IgM is not currently available due to reagent shortage)
  • Anti-phosphatidylserine-prothrombin IgG, IgM
  • Anti-Annexin V IgG, IgM
  • Anti-phosphatidylethanolamine IgG, IgM
  • ANA by IFA
  • ENA
  • SS-A
  • SS-B
  • Anti TTG IgA
  • Anti Glaidin
MAYO Autoimmune Dysautonomia
  • Striational (Striated Muscle) Ab, S
  • Anti-Neuronal Nuclear Ab, Type 1
  • N-Type Calcium Channel Ab
  • Ach Receptor (Muscle) Minding Ab
  • AcChR Ganglionic Neuronal Ab, S
  • Neuronal (V-G) K+ Channel Ab, S
  • GAD65 Ab Assay, S
  • P/Q Type Calcium Channel Ab
MAYO Autoimmune Encephalitis
  • NMDA-R, Ab CBA, S
  • Neuronal (V-G) K+ Channel Ab, S
  • LG1- IgG CBA, S
  • CASPR2 - IgG CBA, S
  • GABA 8-R Ab CBA, S
  • AMPA-R Ab, CBA, S
  • ANNA-1, S
  • ANNA-2, S
  • AGNA-1, S
  • PCA-1,S
  • PCA-2, S
  • PCA-Tr, S
  • Amphiphysin Ab, S
  • ACh Receptor (muscle) Bind Ab
  • CRMP 5-IgG, S
But, Cell Trend and Cyrex are probably not covered by insurance.
https://forums.phoenixrising.me/ind...tibody-panels-that-your-doctor-can-run.54564/

Thanks. I’ve got this list from antoher user in another thread, but I’m not even sure if these can be done where I live, which is in postsoc Europe.

Based on @crypt0cu1t ’s results and symptoms I would try the mayo panels if I could. Considering flying to China becouse of the NMDAr antibodies thread

crypt0cu1t

IG: @crypt0cu1t
Thanks for the info!
My doctors just keep saying I don’t have an auto immune issue because it’s not possible since my ANA is negative.

At the same time I have almost identical symptoms as @crypt0cu1t which started after vaccination, EBV and bad herpes outbreak, so I guess my immune system going haywire is not that improbable.
What exactly are your symptoms if you don't mind me asking? If you have the same symptoms as me with no positive antibodies, I'd suggest looking into seronegative autoimmune encephalitis

I have vision issues like static, sensitivity to light, floaters, also starting to get after images. Seems like screens hurt my eyes and brain so I can’t really use my laptop, only for breef periods. Also my vision seems darker than before but maybe that’s my imagination and depression from all this.

Also I get mentally exhausted from basic things like watching bit TV or reading. If I read something technical which really require comprehension, my brain/mind gets literally suck in 5 minutes.

I’m generally confused, spaced out, brain fogged and maybe there’s also derealization. Weird dizziness, sometimes disorientation and internal shakiness. My perception of time is different, everything seems like distant past and my memory is much worse.

Anxiety and panick attacks, which I didn’t really have before. This got better with lexapro, tons of meditation and I guess acceptance.

Also have tinnitus, muscle twitches, arms going numb and tingly, some pain here and there, stiff neck and upper back (i had back problems before so maybe not related), weird headaches and head/face pressure. My digestion is very very bad.

crypt0cu1t

Forgot insomnia, night sweats, utter disorientation and dizzines under fluorescent lighting in stores and probably some other things too.
Jesus christ, you have the EXACT same symptoms as me. Get checked for all types of encephalitis dude! Have you ever trialed steroids?

I dont think the dim vision is due to depression as mine went away after IVIG for quite a while. I believe we may have some sort of rare antibody causing our symptoms or maybe even a T cell response.

Jesus christ, you have the EXACT same symptoms as me.

Yeah I was reading some of your posts and was saying to myself “this guy has something very similar or even the same thing”

I don’t have elevated CPR though.

Do you also have that weird perception of time and memory issues? How’s your digestion?

Edit: I also have termoregulation issues, running low grade fever most of the time.

Last edited:

crypt0cu1t

Forgot to answer this..
No, I haven’t. According to my doctors it’s all in my head/ anxiety..
Don't let them put you in the psych category. It's bullshit and if you're running low grade fevers that's proof of some sort of immune response dude.

My digestion is pretty terrible to be honest, I have tons of heartburn, constipation and other issues as well.

Aerose91

I have vision issues like static, sensitivity to light, floaters, also starting to get after images. Seems like screens hurt my eyes and brain so I can’t really use my laptop, only for breef periods. Also my vision seems darker than before but maybe that’s my imagination and depression from all this.

Also I get mentally exhausted from basic things like watching bit TV or reading. If I read something technical which really require comprehension, my brain/mind gets literally suck in 5 minutes.

I’m generally confused, spaced out, brain fogged and maybe there’s also derealization. Weird dizziness, sometimes disorientation and internal shakiness. My perception of time is different, everything seems like distant past and my memory is much worse.

Anxiety and panick attacks, which I didn’t really have before. This got better with lexapro, tons of meditation and I guess acceptance.

Also have tinnitus, muscle twitches, arms going numb and tingly, some pain here and there, stiff neck and upper back (i had back problems before so maybe not related), weird headaches and head/face pressure. My digestion is very very bad.
I know it's a little late but I have exactly the same as you. I do have lyme but my doc thinks there's an autoimmune encephalopathy going on as well, as well as mast cell activation. The more time goes by, the more I believe mast cells are at the root of my cognitive and psych symptoms.
I also am negative for all traditional autoimmune markers