• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is anyone going to the Millions Missing event on Sat 5/12 in Los Angeles?

Gingergrrl

Here are the details from the OMF e-mail newsletter re: the Millions Missing Event on Sat 5/12/18 in Santa Monica (Los Angeles). I was wondering if anyone from PR was planning to attend?

CEO/President Linda Tannenbaum will be speaking at the Los Angeles Millions Missing Visibility Action.

3rd Street Promenade
Saturday, May 12 from 12 Noon to 2:00 PM
(1300 Block in front of Coffee Bean)
Santa Monica, CA, 90401

Gingergrrl

Hi @Gingergrrl - I don't know if I'll be going, I'll have to think about it (the drive will wipe me out). Are you going?

I'm not sure if I am going and just learned of this event today when I got the e-mail. I have plans on both Fri and Sun and it would be challenging to add something like this on Sat, although I think I could probably do it. I know the area extremely well but the parking structures can be several blocks away from the event and I am not sure if I can walk that far. Let me know (by e-mail or PM) if you think you are going which would motivate me to attempt it!

Edit: If I did go, I probably would have someone drop me off, or attempt to use Uber, b/c I think it is unlikely I could walk the distance from the parking structures and if the elevator was broken in the structure (which is common), I would be screwed.

Mary

Moderator Resource
I'm leaning towards not going - there's a reason it's called Millions Missing! I'd pay for making the trip. Between the drive back and forth, and parking at a distance and then walking, I'd lose 3 days or so and don't want to go through that right now, though I was trying to talk myself into doing it earlier today.

It sounds like it might be a bit much for you too with all you have going one, and also the parking and walking issues -- I'll PM you or email you though if I change my mind.

Gingergrrl

It sounds like it might be a bit much for you too with all you have going one, and also the parking and walking issues -- I'll PM you or email you though if I change my mind.

I agree, it would be challenging for both of us as much as I'd like to go! Please let me know if you do decide to attend though.