• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is 23andme popular in USA? South Park mentioned it.

perchance dreamer

Actually, I think a lot of people use 23andme to get genetic information so they can try to improve health. I didn't do the test because of concerns over insurance getting that information and using it to deny coverage although that supposedly is not legal. The data is supposed to be secure, but we've all seen how anything can be hacked.

I recently did the Genomix Nutrition genetic testing, and my doctor told me it's more secure than 23andme, but I really don't know that's true. I found the results pretty interesting, and it helped me understand part of the reason I've had all these health problems.

I thought it was pretty funny that some white people did 23andme to try to confirm they were 100% lily white, which they weren't, of course.

Learner1

Actually, I think a lot of people use 23andme to get genetic information so they can try to improve health. I didn't do the test because of concerns over insurance getting that information and using it to deny coverage although that supposedly is not legal. The data is supposed to be secure, but we've all seen how anything can be hacked.

I recently did the Genomix Nutrition genetic testing, and my doctor told me it's more secure than 23andme, but I really don't know that's true. I found the results pretty interesting, and it helped me understand part of the reason I've had all these health problems.

I thought it was pretty funny that some white people did 23andme to try to confirm they were 100% lily white, which they weren't, of course.
I found 23andme to explain a lot. A lot of actionable info for s good value.

Far more than the genetic tests 3 doctors have run on me for specific SNPs, all of which are now in my medical records and known about by my health insurance who paid for them.

Misfit Toy

Yes, everyone uses it. People who have all kinds of health issues of just for kicks. People on all of the forums here in the US, it's all they talk about. I had mine done in 2013 and have followed the fact that I do not do well with anything methyl and I also am unable to tolerate Garlic and onions which makes sense because I am allergic to sulfur.