• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Irish ME/CFS Association needs more volunteers to do Forgotten Plague screenings in May

Sasha

Fine, thank you
FP on FB said:
A huge THANK YOU to Tom Kindlon and all the kind souls at the Irish ME/CFS Assocation. Here's a message from them about their upcoming "Forgotten Plague" events:

"The Irish ME/CFS Association is planning to hold as many free screenings as we can of "Forgotten Plague" in the Republic of Ireland during May 2016, ME/CFS Awareness Month. We currently have people lined up to host screenings in Dublin, Galway & Limerick and would like to try to get more volunteers to host screenings in other venues.

If you might be interested in hosting an event, please contact us at info@IrishMECFS.org, 01-235 0965 or by Facebook messaging Tom Kindlon. Ideally give a phone number so things can be moved along reasonably promptly (though an initial contact doesn't commit you to a screening of course). The plan is to have all meetings arranged by the end of March so that the details can be included in a press release that will go out in late April and the Irish ME/CFS Association's newsletter which will go out in mid-April.

We will pay for all costs (although we reserve the right to decline an opportunity (in advance of course) if it is over our budget). We would hope to be able to get some attendees from existing contacts and others from media coverage so the host would not be required to get a crowd together, just turn up on the day. If your health is unreliable, it would be good if you have a backup plan of somebody who could help on the day. Alternatively we may be able to get a backup person."

There is a Facebook Events page to keep up to date with news of the screenings: https://www.facebook.com/events/939735482772743/

Nice going, @Tom Kindlon!