Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IOM report release date 10 Feb 2015

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Denise, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Dr Bateman posted this on Facebook yesterday (posting with permission)
    Lucinda Bateman
    Hey Facebook friends...I have become a tweeter. If you want to follow the "coming out party" of MECFS I invite you to follow my Twitter account @LBatemanMD. Making waves in the medical community
    • [​IMG]
      Robin Funk
      "Coming out party" of MECFS? Wonder if that's the name?
      18 hrs · Like · 1
    • [​IMG]
      Lucinda Bateman
      I just meant coming out of the shadows into mainstream medicine

Maybe just maybe this process will meet be us forward from the shadows to closer to centre stage. I am choosing to be optimistic.

GracieJ, beaker and NK17 like this.
  2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I don't know if it is possible to add a new name, category and description to the ICD-10-CM before Oct 15, 2015. Actually it would probably have to change both previous categories. Anyone know anything about how this works?

I have forgotten who all the people were on their panel. The ones presenting are few. Were the others equally involved? Drs. Chu, Klimas, Davis.....

NK17 likes this.
  3. WillowJ

WillowJ คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl

WA, USA
    It is theoretically possible to add a new listing to the ICD-CM twice a year, if I recall correctly. I do not know how the WHO ICD gets updated, but I assume there is a similar process.

It is possible to see the panel at the IOM page. However it is not listed on the webcast page and they do not have easy breadcrumbs navigation. On the Activities page for ME/CFS, there is a widget at the right-hand column:
    + View Full Committee Roster

When expanded, it yields:
    Some of these names are unfamiliar, and Jennie (and a group) blogged about them here.

There is also a section for:

+ View Full Study Staff Roster

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Valentijn, NK17, Roy S and 1 other person like this.
  4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

On the IOM page it will automatically calculate your local start time, in the black box immediately below the video window, titled Committee on the diagnostic criteria for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, with the email address and RSVP boxes.

Caution: It may not be accurate, depending the information your computer and ISP give to the IOM site.

https://www.iom.edu/Activities/Dise...elitisChronicFatigueSyndrome/2015-FEB-10.aspx

See more popular forum discussions.